PDA

View Full Version : The latest on Astana and the Giro

hoolita
05-04-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165:talk-to-levi-about-the-giro-part-1&catid=15:interviews&Itemid=6

Levi also confirms the names of all nine riders on the astana team. Next, the tour?

rcflyboy
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Velonews today posted all the Giro teams and riders. Astana's riders are part of this list.

Z3c
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
IMHO, if Astana does well, the TdF may still happen. Otherwise, '08 will be the Tour where "yea xx won but remember that Astana/one of the strongest teams wasn't there that year". Kinda' like the '99 TdF to anyone who followed cycling before the Lance era.

Scott

swoop
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
a good way for the ASO to marginalize any threat to the podium from astana is to add them last minute. its pretty genius.
(referring to the tdf)

coloclimber
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
IIRC, the Vuelta organizer was the first to invite ASTANA and wanted assurances Contador would race, now the Giro wants Contador, Kloden and Leipheimer to race. IF ASO lets ASTANA into the Tour they can guarantee some pretty burned out top riders- having just come off the Giro and not planning on the Tour. The Vuelta would now be the big loser as the ASTANA three would surely sit it out if they rode the Giro and Tour.

Avispa
05-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if one of these Astana guys get busted at the Giro....
The ASO will just be all smiles for years on end!

..A..

benb
05-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Is the Giro ASO?

Retarded if it is and ASO reverses itself.

I totally do not "get" the love for Astana.. I wish they'd just go away. Getting them in the Tour is not going to solve anything and it's not going to right any terrible wrongs.

jeffg
05-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Is the Giro ASO?

I totally do not "get" the love for Astana.. I wish they'd just go away. Getting them in the Tour is not going to solve anything and it's not going to right any terrible wrongs.

+1

Vai Gibo!

taylorj
05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Is the Giro ASO?

+1. No love for Astana and really don't care to see them in the Tour (or even the Giro for that matter). Hope the French stay firm and don't bend under pressure and let them ride in July.

J.Greene
05-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm a HUGE Chris Horner fan. I don't care about the others, but I'd like him in the tour.

JG

taylorj
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm a HUGE Chris Horner fan. I don't care about the others, but I'd like him in the tour.

JG

+1 on Horner. Would love to see Horner in the Tour---Too bad he switched teams.

Big Daddy
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
a good way for the ASO to marginalize any threat to the podium from astana is to add them last minute. its pretty genius.

yep...Contador is shatting himself right now..."no form, no form!"

pdxmech13
05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Giro= RCS
Tour = ASO
Vuielta = Just happy to be a tour

swoop
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Giro= RCS
Tour = ASO
Vuielta = Just happy to be a tour

i was talkiong about the etour on this one.. sorry bout the confusion.