PDA

View Full Version : ksyrium SL spoke paint help

esfinkle
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
On my way out the door for the first ride on my new Legend the Ksyrium SL black spokes brushed the brick front porch steps and scratched the black finish. Does anyone know of a suitable touch up paint? Thanks

thwart
05-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

I've used Flat Black auto touch-up on my SSC's... same spokes as the SL's.

Hope the day improved after that. You know, sometimes that first scratch is a good thing. Now you can really use it, rather than worry about it.

bleusky
05-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Other than the small scratch ( nail polish is another option) how was the ride!!!!

esfinkle
05-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the paint tips. As for the ride it was unbelievable. Virtually no resistance to forward motion, other than my road hugging size. Precise road feel without the harshness of my old Schwinn 594 aluminum bike. My 20 year dream is finally realized.

trophyoftexas
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Sounds great and hope your enjoyed your day....uh, at least the ride part of it, sorry about the spokes but you've received good advice.

pdmtong
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I'd just use a sharpie and forget about it.....this, like so many other things will probably fall into the category of something that only seems important right now...in a few weeks, you'll probably be on to something else. glad you love the wheels!

stevep
05-04-2008, 08:11 PM
should buy a whole new bike and be more careful.

no, good advice above. enjoy the bike.