PDA

View Full Version : Is this what happened at dbrk’s during the TdFL ?

Louis
09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
From the CNN web site: (A respite from the Tyler story)

Naked yoga OK in San Francisco :butt:

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 Posted: 7:26 PM EDT (2326 GMT)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- Nudists, grab your yoga mats and head for San Francisco.

City prosecutors Wednesday said it was not illegal to perform naked yoga in the city -- even at the crowded tourist destination of Fisherman's Wharf.

Prosecutors dropped charges against a limber nudist, known locally as the "Naked Yoga Guy," who made a habit of striking yoga poses in the buff in order to promote a book and his lifestyle.

The Naked Yoga Guy, whose name is George Monty Davis, had stripped to stretch nearby Fisherman's Wharf, prompting a public complaint. But prosecutors decided they had a weak public nuisance case against him because local laws do not bar public nudity.

"Simply being naked on the street is not a crime in San Francisco," said Debbie Mesloh, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.

"To bring a case, a person would have to exhibit lewd behavior, block traffic or impede pedestrians on a sidewalk, something along those lines."

In another case involving a Los Angeles teenager who dropped his pants to expose his bottom, or "moon," passing motorists from a nearby sidewalk, a California appellate court ruled nudity itself is not a crime, Mesloh said.

Davis could not immediately be reached for comment.

Tom Byrnes
09-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Two more examples of why I live in California! Whatta place!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:) :) :)
:D :D :D

dbrk
09-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Nudity is indeed permitted publicly (or is it openly?) out here in the woods of Bristol in the Finger Lakes. Heck, we're hillbillies, albeit literate and with more than the usual number of teeth requisite for residence, but libertarian in the extreme. Did you know that you can get a "nuisance permit" here so that you can shoot your pesky Bambis all year 'round? That there are _no_ restrictions in the town of Bristol about discharging firearms on private property? However, I can also say that at our TdFL there was not the slightest (thank goodness) suggestion of advancing the cause of naked cycling. It hurts just thinking about that. Now next year if we can get Sandy, Kevan, Smilely, et.al. to get all naked and posed next to the Scottish Highland cattle and buffalo herds, well, we'll make sure that Maryann is waaaaaay up the road first...

dbrk

BumbleBeeDave
09-23-2004, 07:24 AM
What on EARTH are you doing? I thought you wanted people to come BACK next year!

BBDave

Kevan
09-23-2004, 11:38 AM
will be sticking around in that case. Course, some appreciation from her for helping her pick up her average would be nice. :D

I can only assume that Sandy has already made his hotel reservations for next year.

dirtdigger88
09-23-2004, 11:40 AM
During a crit here in St. Louis over labor day- some guy joined the womens 1-2 race. All this guy had on was a wig and cycling shoes. I said it then and I will say it again- that takes balls :p

Jason

Ahneida Ride
09-23-2004, 11:48 AM
At the TdFl, Strip poker is popular. When you loose, you have to put an
item of clothing back on ! :p

M_A_Martin
09-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I dunno, there was plenty of nudity going on at this TDFL...I didn't realize it was a big deal...
(although I *am* bummed that I wasn't quick enough to take Hypnos up on his bet...*sigh* another $1000 down the drain)

If recovery continues at its current rate (just zooming along now...muscle memory is a wonderful thing...miles are piling up, weight is going away YAY! *and* I'm already on the skate guard list for the winter...so I'll have my cross training thing going on) I'll probably be waiting for people to change their flats along with everyone else rather than going ahead so that I can finish in some semblance of the same time frame as everyone else.

All in all, I haven't found that cyclists are much of a shy bunch. I think ALL the guys should strip and get their group pic taken with the cows and buffalos next year! I'll snap the pictures.

How about that for an idea? ...I like it.

Sandy
09-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I'll pose naked if Mir, the wonder dog, poses naked. Oops, she always is naked. I was in the wholesale meat business. I will bring the bull.

Yes, BumbleBeeDave, I always bring the bull....

Brahma Bull

Kevin
09-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I am blind. I can't see the keys to the computer. Is anyone out there? Help.

Hey what is that noise. Sandy is that you in my garage? Put back the Ottrott. Give me back the CSi. Stop giving my dog treats.

Kevin