Anyone on the list doing this?

http://www.tuccycle.org/

Should be fun!

J.Greene
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM

Should be fun!

If Central FL were only a little closer. That looks nice.

JG

thejen12
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Should be fun!
Any idea how much climbing for each route? Just curious.

Thanks, Jenn

taylorj
05-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Any idea how much climbing for each route? Just curious.

Thanks, Jenn

I believe the 100miler is 10,000' of climbing---there is a nice 10 mile climb---and then the wall climb which comes at mile 80. Lots of coastal rollers. The new metric century route turns around after the ride through the Redwoods. So there are some 24% pitches climbing back over the 10 mile climb. (Sorta like the difference between climbing Hamilton from SJ vs. from Livermore steepness wise---but not as long). Last year Tinker Juarez went off the front on the 10mile and know one ever saw him again until the finish line!

It's a lovely, scenic ride with really good food. I am doing it because I love their Peanut butter and Jelly bagels and they have them at the rest-stops.

thejen12
05-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I believe the 100miler is 10,000' of climbing---there is a nice 10 mile climb---and then the wall climb which comes at mile 80. Lots of coastal rollers. The new metric century route turns around after the ride through the Redwoods. So there are some 24% pitches climbing back over the 10 mile climb. (Sorta like the difference between climbing Hamilton from SJ vs. from Livermore steepness wise---but not as long). Last year Tinker Juarez went off the front on the 10mile and know one ever saw him again until the finish line!

It's a lovely, scenic ride with really good food. I am doing it because I love their Peanut butter and Jelly bagels and they have them at the rest-stops.
Wow, sounds steep, but otherwise great!

Jenn

taylorj
05-08-2008, 05:34 PM
We are leaving tomorrow! Can't wait. I will do the style-police proud (glasses on the outside of my helmet...amongst other things). My husband is racing the route. I will be under the big redwoods and over the many hills eating free bagels with PB&J and taking pictures. He races, I ride. But I think I am a cyclist. I can't remember all the rules. That Wet-white Ritchey stem combo and new Record group looks pretty sick on my Ti bike. I love long weekends full of riding. :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer: :D

swoop
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
We are leaving tomorrow! Can't wait. I will do the style-police proud (glasses on the outside of my helmet...amongst other things). My husband is racing the route. I will be under the big redwoods and over the many hills eating free bagels with PB&J and taking pictures. He races, I ride. But I think I am a cyclist. I can't remember all the rules. That Wet-white Ritchey stem combo and new Record group looks pretty sick on my Ti bike. I love long weekends full of riding. :banana: :beer: :banana: :beer: :D

oh hush joni... you know that you know. your just a gooder person than what i sound like online.

taylorj
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
oh hush joni... you know that you know. your just a gooder person than what i sound like online.

Ha! My husband pretends he doesn't know me when I fail the style police critera. I don't really care. When it rained and all the cool people were wearing swanky booties, I had safeway bags covering my shoes. When the rain stopped I just found a trash can while my styling friends had soggy booties to carry around. It's all good. Mike will finish in time to be showered and changed by the time I arrive. It'll be straight to the dinner table for me. But I will have pictures of everything he missed while he was in such a hurry to get to the end. :D