PDA

View Full Version : Vuelta

Tom Byrnes
09-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Who would have thought that Santiago Perez would ride like he has in the Vuelta this year?
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:) :) :)

And what a shame it is that we have not been able to watch him and the other cyclists on OLN this year.
:butt: :butt: :butt:

sellsworth
09-22-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm certainly rooting for Perez and what a ride he did today! Like Heras has said it should come down to the final ITT into Madrid. I suspect that Perez will chip away at the lead of Heras until then. In the first ITT Perez was 3.29 down and Heras was 1.37 down. So advantage Heras?

Russ
09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
My vote is for Heras, Nozal and those other guys that also raced in the Tour... I am glad to see ex-postal guys do well. It gives me the impression that you can be good on your own! If you know what I mean....

Now, the OLN joke... no kidding. I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching all the Lance rah, rah, rah, this summer! But look what happened, anyway... no Vuelta. IMO, this is just the beginning. Watch Lance retire and that's it: weekend Tour coverages, No Giro, No Vuelta, No Classics... back to the old crap!

As far as the Vuelta itself, what a race! What a race! Those guys still have almost a full week of very hard racing before it's over... Which translates into more exciting news every day. None of the boring, one horse race that the Tour has become all these past years.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel much better now, phew! :D