PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy leather bar wrap from our forumite if he can get a source?

Dekonick
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I will!

I REALLY want more - BADLY!

DarrenCT
04-30-2008, 09:04 PM
hmm how tf could bar wrap be more than 75 bux?

Dekonick
04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Good question. Economies of scale - I suppose if it were bought in larger batches it could / would drop in price. I dont even know if there is any to be had - but I do know this: The wrap I have is BY FAR better than anything else I have seen or used. It blows away Brooks, the elkhide wrap from Velo Orange, cotton, cork, cork double wrap, aztec wrap, etc... I got caught out in the rain last week and was worried about my brooks B-17, and my wrap. The brooks looked like it did suffer a tad, while the bar wrap was fine. I don't even use gloves anymore when riding the bike with the leather wrap.

I just want more!

It is like crack...

unfortunately, my dealer is missing....

BRING BACK THE WRAP PLEEASE!!!!!

Lifelover
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Only if I can print my own FRNs to pay for it!

William
05-01-2008, 04:00 AM
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about....Double dog Effin YEAH!!!!!!! The wrap I have rocks!! And I've got another roll as a stash that I'm not giving up...unless "e" wants to put me at the front of the line. Then I'll consider it. ;)

Spoke with the man yesterday and he's got it in the works now.

There is none better atmo. :cool:

William

Blue Jays
05-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Based on the very positive enthusiasm for the wrap shown here, I could be interested if it was offered.

barry1021
05-01-2008, 04:53 AM
I am planning to take another mortgage on the house to pay for it, but the way things are going, I will run out of equity before it gets here.....

b21

jvp
05-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm interested. Any pics? Are different colors offered?

Too Tall
05-01-2008, 07:20 AM
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about....Double dog Effin YEAH!!!!!!! The wrap I have rocks!! And I've got another roll as a stash that I'm not giving up...unless "e" wants to put me at the front of the line. Then I'll consider it. ;)

Spoke with the man yesterday and he's got it in the works now.

There is none better atmo. :cool:

William
I do whatever William says to do, it hurts less ;) Sign me up.

CNY rider
05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Ineeda Roll!

Maybe put me down for two! :beer:

DarrenCT
05-01-2008, 07:30 AM
fyi, i'd be interested. what colors are available?

Elefantino
05-01-2008, 07:32 AM
If it comes in gold or blue, sure.

Brown is just so drab.

Dekonick
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
I got a PM yesterday!!! Like william said - 'its in da werks'

Cant wait! This time I am gonna make sure I have a stash.

ti_boi
05-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Good question. Economies of scale - I suppose if it were bought in larger batches it could / would drop in price. I dont even know if there is any to be had - but I do know this: The wrap I have is BY FAR better than anything else I have seen or used. It blows away Brooks, the elkhide wrap from Velo Orange, cotton, cork, cork double wrap, aztec wrap, etc... I got caught out in the rain last week and was worried about my brooks B-17, and my wrap. The brooks looked like it did suffer a tad, while the bar wrap was fine. I don't even use gloves anymore when riding the bike with the leather wrap.

I just want more!

It is like crack...

I wear gloves in case I meet the street with my hands.....

Birddog
05-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I got a PM yesterday!!! Like william said - 'its in da werks'

Great, my check's in the mail.

Birddog

TMB
05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
FYI

I have the velo-orange wrap on a bike that I took to Arizona this spring.

2700 kms on the roof in March, through Snow, Rain, road muck etc. And another 2700 kms back again.

The wrap, if anything looks even better for the experience, than before I left. The saddle was wrapped up tight, not the bars and the leather wrap came through with flying colours.

If it came though that - I don't think you need to worry about a rain storm.

I just want more!

It is like crack...

WickedWheels
05-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Go to your LBS and ask them to order Selle Anatomica bar wrap from their J&B catalog. It's been available for over a year.

William
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Go to your LBS and ask them to order Selle Anatomica bar wrap from their J&B catalog. It's been available for over a year.

A well known on-line cycling retailer got some of AR's wrap and compared to the others that they carried. They liked AR's better, even over the Anatomica.

Just sayin'

William

Acotts
05-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Yes. Just not from cowgirl.

Dekonick
05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Trust me - it is dirty pleasure you get from massaging this hide...

err...wrap I mean...

Yeah - thats it!

Ahneida Ride
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I am working on it ....

Should have more Prototype in about 10 days or so .... I hope ..

Going from Prototype to production is no big deal.

The foam backing is a 3M product and is outrageously expensive.
Is anyone aware of a quality substutution? If so, PM me please?

Too Tall
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes. Just not from cowgirl.
Since you mentioned it.

Dekonick
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I am working on it ....

Should have more Prototype in about 10 days or so .... I hope ..

Going from Prototype to production is no big deal.

The foam backing is a 3M product and is outrageously expensive.
Is anyone aware of a quality substutution? If so, PM me please?

I have been asking around and looking...

did you check out carpet tape?
Gotta say, the 3M stuff is nice tho...