PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: bike to good home.

Velociotis
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I am sick of searching and losing on ebay so I thought I would give this a shot. I am trying to upgrade my ride. My 54.5cm c to t Bottecchia is about as current as Greg Lemond in his ADR jersey. Still a nice ride though.

Anyway, if I had a choice, what I really would like to find is a used late model steel Serotta with Chorus 8sp ergo components. I would buy the gruppo and frame separate if available. I would entertain other makes or groups, but I was hoping to become a part of a 'Serotta rescue program' - a place where used bikes find happy homes with warm and fuzzy owners.

Perhaps someone out there can help. I can't bear the thought of spending too much on a marginal aluminum bike with an old country component buffet and, as much as I would like, the new Serotta thing just ain't gonna happen.

Tyler you better be innocent.

Keith A
09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
So does you Bottecchia look like mine (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=2678&highlight=bottecchia)?

Velociotis
09-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Yes it does. Mine is the SL with Ultegra but no mistaking that purple/neon fade. On good days it looks great on others I feel like a posterchild for VH1 I love the eighties. Thanks for the nice pics!