PDA

View Full Version : the idol

csm
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
brooke atmo.

PBWrench
04-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I am NOT a believer, although I liked the pants. It's the Davids!

csm
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
nah. brooke all the way.

e-RICHIE
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
brooke should be stoned/beaten by every idol who never won.
the chick needs an apple stuck in her mouth and served at gitmo.
she'll prolly win anyway.

PBWrench
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Yo dogs, Neil Diamond's the bomb.

Fat Robert
04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
brooke is no cowgirl

MarleyMon
04-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Brooke survives one more week, but not two.
Jason is too pretty and the Davids are too good for her to be in the top three.

I saw Neil 15 years ago - it was great - so many good songs and a great band.

PBWrench
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
12 bar blues atmo

csm
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
kinda thought it was funny that the kid was singing Sweet Caroline; considering that it was written for a little girl.
and Coming to America was just a calculated choice to get the votes, yo.

PBWrench
04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Paula and David sitting in a tree . . .

Lifelover
04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
What was up with Paula? I could not stand to watch!

sailorboy
04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
brooke should be stoned/beaten by every idol who never won.
the chick needs an apple stuck in her mouth and served at gitmo.
she'll prolly win anyway.

wow! I wasn't going to go that deep, but yeah, I'm just praying they keep her on long enough to delay her making all the USO trips singing "god bless the usa" so I don't have to see her during every frickin commercial break on the armed forces network over here.

5 more weeks yo!

ThasFACE
04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
It surprises me every time brooke doesn't get eliminated. It just doesn't seem to matter that, relative to the other contestants, she's not good at all. She's a pretty enough girl and has a sweet way about her, but I think that she sort of sounds terrible. But, I thought that Carly was going to make the final two, so what do I know? (not much)

ergott
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Cook, not Brooke. That guy is good.

He is not only talented and original (as it get on that show), he can get the popular vote as well. Dave A is cute enough and a darn good singer but when the ladies have to vote cute vs. sexy, Cook will win. With the girls, it's a matter of which week they get eliminated.

J.Greene
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM
It surprises me every time brooke doesn't get eliminated. It just doesn't seem to matter that, relative to the other contestants, she's not good at all. She's a pretty enough girl and has a sweet way about her, but I think that she sort of sounds terrible. But, I thought that Carly was going to make the final two, so what do I know? (not much)

Brooke White gets the Mormon vote.

JG

1centaur
04-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Cook, not Brooke. That guy is good.

He is not only talented and original (as it get on that show), he can get the popular vote as well. Dave A is cute enough and a darn good singer but when the ladies have to vote cute vs. sexy, Cook will win. With the girls, it's a matter of which week they get eliminated.

Who is sending 10 text messages vs. calling once? Little girls can rule the Idol vote and listening to those screams for the Archangel each week, thinking about that final sappy Idol ballad, it's going to take a lot of ladies to beat a lot of texts.

pjm
04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I still think she should have won.....
http://www.americanidol.com/photos/?set=518&seq=8
:rolleyes:

davids
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
I am NOT a believer, although I liked the pants. It's the Davids!I don't watch. What's this about me?

ergott
04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Who is sending 10 text messages vs. calling once? Little girls can rule the Idol vote and listening to those screams for the Archangel each week, thinking about that final sappy Idol ballad, it's going to take a lot of ladies to beat a lot of texts.

I text like 10X too ya know ROTFL!

taylorj
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about DeRosa. LOL :D

vaxn8r
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
It's the Davids and always has been. Everyone else is window dressing.

ATMO I miss Kristie Lee xxoo

Tobias
04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I haven't purchased music in years, but of the ones left, Brooke is the only one I'd buy from.
I know she is not as versatile or as talented as the others, but I enjoy listening when she sings her style of music.
Davids are better but I get tired of their sound after a few minutes. Don’t know why.

e-RICHIE
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I haven't purchased music in years, but of the ones left, Brooke is the only one I'd buy from.
I know she is not as versatile or as talented as the others, but I enjoy listening when she sings her style of music.
Davids are better but I get tired of their sound after a few minutes. Don’t know why.
i felt that way once too atmo -

http://www.ghanaweb.biz/GHP/img/pics/36352077.o.jpg

Ginger
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Brooke is somehow related to someone in the company I work for...there was a "vote for brooke" email and we have a signed "thanks for the support" photo of her up on the fridge.

And that's all I know bout Idol.

e-RICHIE
04-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Brooke is somehow related to someone in the company I work for...there was a "vote for brooke" email and we have a signed "thanks for the support" photo of her up on the fridge.

And that's all I know bout Idol.
according to her story brooke never saw a film where folks handle lenses atmo.

manet
04-30-2008, 04:53 PM

tooth fairy

bi - cupids

J.Greene
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
according to her story brooke never saw a film where folks handle lenses atmo.

That's her Mormon thing.

They can't win the republican nomination so they are trying for American Idol.

JG

e-RICHIE
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
That's her Mormon thing.

They can't win the republican nomination so they are trying for American Idol.

JG
J.Greenepedia 3.18 atmo

Tobias
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM

It’s a small closet – what can I say.
Little david sounds too nasally.
Big david always sounds the same.
Castro doesn’t have the pipes.
Syesha has improved but not my style.

e-RICHIE
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
It’s a small closet – what can I say.
Little david sounds too nasally.
Big david always sounds the same.
Castro doesn’t have the pipes.
Syesha has improved but not my style.
say this -
michael johns got jobbedmo atmo

MarleyMon
04-30-2008, 09:06 PM
finally, our long national nightmare is over.

J.Greene
04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
finally, our long national nightmare is over.

Not enough people in Utah atmo.

Tobias
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
say this -
michael johns got jobbedmo atmo :confused: Sorry, don't speak atmo.
I will say that in my humble opinion married guys seem to have a tougher time getting votes.
The cameras keep showing their wives and I think that hurts with the young girlie votes.
No evidence -- just a gut feeling about the crazy voting.
As I recall only two guys have won -- neither married.
And Chris Daughtry also went home too early.
I don't vote so I shouldn't complain.

vaxn8r
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Not enough people in Utah atmo.
J.Greene...please, after your third post, give it a rest.

J.Greene
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
J.Greene...please, after your third post, give it a rest.

I'm actually sad she's gone. I like her. She'll be great doing children's music.

JG

gt6267a
05-01-2008, 11:04 AM
:confused: Sorry, don't speak atmo.
I will say that in my humble opinion married guys seem to have a tougher time getting votes.
The cameras keep showing their wives and I think that hurts with the young girlie votes.
No evidence -- just a gut feeling about the crazy voting.
As I recall only two guys have won -- neither married.
And Chris Daughtry also went home too early.
I don't vote so I shouldn't complain.

I wonder about the married people as well. Not just with Idol but any person making such an enormous life change to go from singing in bars to singing in stadiums, from a guy who makes $10k to a millionaire, from rags to riches … when a person’s opportunity set changes drastically does what they had still look good? Their car? Their friends? Their mates? In theory, more cash shouldn’t change a person and who they choose have by their side, but I suspect it does. I’d like to think the person who wanted me pre-fame wants me for the right reasons so that is 100% the best person for me, but … I wonder if any of these people who are married will remain that way.

1centaur
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I wonder about the married people as well. Not just with Idol but any person making such an enormous life change to go from singing in bars to singing in stadiums, from a guy who makes $10k to a millionaire, from rags to riches … when a person’s opportunity set changes drastically does what they had still look good? Their car? Their friends? Their mates? In theory, more cash shouldn’t change a person and who they choose have by their side, but I suspect it does. I’d like to think the person who wanted me pre-fame wants me for the right reasons so that is 100% the best person for me, but … I wonder if any of these people who are married will remain that way.

Amazing thread drift, but a good topic. I believe a sense of entitlement to deferential behavior from others is almost certain to creep into interpersonal relationships as well. In a normal marriage, your spouse should be relied upon to be the most forgiving of your faults and most likely to bend backwards to help you get what you want, but for a star that balance is reversed, which makes the spouse seem relatively annoying. Totally unfair, but human nature.