PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ka-BOOM!

BumbleBeeDave
04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Interesting story from AP. Read this story, then go to this web site to read people's thoughts on what it might be. I think the one from the guy who thinks it's from time travel experiements is best. But then, given the location, it could also be Smiley testing the atomic powered HID lamp he's going to be putting on his Bedford fixie! :eek: :D ;)

BBD

===============

http://wjz.com/local/Loud.Booms.baltimore.2.711007.html

===============

Police in Md. town puzzled by middle-of-night noise, lights
April 29, 2008 - 10:20am

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) - It's not just a bad dream or imaginations gone wild because police have captured the middle-of-the-night mystery on videotape _ and they're as baffled as everyone else.

Deafening blasts accompanied by blinding split-second flashes of light have been rattling residents of one neighborhood of this Baltimore suburb for months.

Elaine O'Mansky says she has heard the noise 25 times since September, always between midnight and dawn. She says the accompanying flash is bright enough to light up her bedroom.

Barbara Friedman says the first time she heard the blast she thought someone was shooting at her.

Police officers Vickie Warehime and J. Posluszny Jr. said the department set up cameras and recorded the phenomena last week, but didn't detect anyone in the area.

The recorded flash lit up an area the size of a football field. Based on shadows, police believe the light source was in the air about 30 feet above the ground near the Beth Tfiloh Community School.

Utility workers have found no electrical problems or gas leaks that could explain the mystery.

(Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

PIKESVILLE, Md. (AP) - It's not just a bad dream or imaginations gone wild because police have captured the middle-of-the-night mystery on videotape _ and they're as baffled as everyone else.

Deafening blasts accompanied by blinding split-second flashes of light have been rattling residents of one neighborhood of this Baltimore suburb for months.

Elaine O'Mansky says she has heard the noise 25 times since September, always between midnight and dawn. She says the accompanying flash is bright enough to light up her bedroom.

Barbara Friedman says the first time she heard the blast she thought someone was shooting at her.

Police officers Vickie Warehime and J. Posluszny Jr. said the department set up cameras and recorded the phenomena last week, but didn't detect anyone in the area.

The recorded flash lit up an area the size of a football field. Based on shadows, police believe the light source was in the air about 30 feet above the ground near the Beth Tfiloh Community School.

Utility workers have found no electrical problems or gas leaks that could explain the mystery.

Mud
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
:banana:

William
04-29-2008, 11:48 AM
SHAZAAM!!!!

Pete Serotta
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Sandy and king doing interval training

quaintjh
04-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I think maybe someone found the stash of Pikesville Rye whiskey left from when the distillery closed 35 yrs ago.

Jay

KJMUNC
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Outdoor meth lab perhaps? Those peskey chemicals can really be difficult to handle when you're all tweaked out and trying to see in the dark.

swoop
04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
i heard it was a kid's soul imploding after her father crushed her dreams.
:P

M.Sommers
04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
I was actually scared the first time I saw 'Mothman Prophecies'.* Then I thought how Richard Gere was in it and I became less scared. I did/do have a serious crush on Laura Linney:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/gallery/fab40/04llinney.jpg

* = I believe there are many things of this earth, moreso of this universe, which we do not understand.

BumbleBeeDave
04-30-2008, 08:21 PM
. . . is indistinguishable from magic." . . . Arthur C. Clarke, 1961

BBD