PDA

View Full Version : CXII ride experience?

rideon
01-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Anyone have any experience on how the CXII rides? I know in the past, Serotta has shown the CIII as it's TT frame and having riddin my own CSi for 3 years now, and loving it, wonder how the ride quality compares between the 2 or 3 frames?

dnovo
01-06-2004, 03:56 PM
The only one I have seen is a CXII (no carbon stays) Brendan at Alberto's ordered in road, not TT trim. He said a bit lighter and stiffer than a CSi, but he hasn't had that much time on it, and he hasn't been dumb enough to let me get my clumsy hands on it. Dave N.

dbrk
01-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I've thought a lot about this bike. I like the OS downtube and I bet it rides pretty stiffly. I like the price and that it comes in road configurations. I wonder too what differences it would really have in comparison to the CIII, I mean in terms of ride and since it's all custom you could tweak the geos to comfortable roadie and I'd bet the tubes are fine (if not a bit on the stiff side...). I think the idea here originated as a tri-bike but perhaps we have a big down tube/different tubeset steel road bike here...Hmmm.

dbrk

rideon
01-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey dnovo,

Where's Alberto's? Chicago?

Thanks

dnovo
01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
It is a Serotta/Colnago/Cannondale/Felt/Calfee/Fuji etc. dealer in Highland Park, a suburb on the North end of the Chicago Metro area. Brendan owns the place and has the bike. Nice guy and a great guy to work with. Dave N.