PDA

View Full Version : Tubular glue in a can

mschol17
04-28-2008, 09:13 AM
So this weekend I got a fantastic intro to tubulars by our very own TT. I managed to avoid drooling on the Vanilla(s) during the process, so I viewed it as a success. However, the light of a new day arose and I was on my own with a flux brush and a can of Mastik1, working on the second coat.
All went pretty smoothly (it definitely isn't as neat as glue-in-a-tube), but I was left with some glue on the rim of the can, which I didn't take off before I hammered on the lid for the night. So, I'm wondering if I will be able to get the top off when I go for coat #3 tonight.
I figure there's got to be some trick to the glue from a can, and I figured that someone here will have a clever trick they'd be willing to share.

chrisroph
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
screw driver and it'll pop right off.

don't worry about it, just remember, when you hammer the top on, just remember to point the glob of glue away from you.

tbushnel
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Screw driver - no problem. I usually put a rag over the top when I tap the top on with a mallot. Helps keep any glue from going where I don't want it.
ted.

cadence231
04-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah! Another tubie convert! smiley face

Can't comment on the Mastik. Just wanted to give my tubular shout-out!

I love the hollow sound! Don't you?

Put in about 80lbs and go ride over sticks set perpendicular on the road. Like buttah they are.

Love,
Mrs. Buttersworth cooking pancakes with marshmallows on top.

Too Tall
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Mschol17 is a freakin' Physicist, he's got a HUGE brain!!! I thought all young folks were studying environmental science or astrology????

Pleasure to meet you and kudos on the excellent move to "the good stuff". You even didn't laugh at my dsylexic tyre folding ;) haha.