PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use an SRM power meter?

FlaRider
09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm considering buying an SRM Pro for my Parlee and would like to get feedback on likes/dislikes/reliability and any repair/warranty issues. Also, do you use the software provided with the SRM or the Cycling Peaks software? Thanks.

Too Tall
09-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Yep, I use SRM almost everyday and I've used the CyclingPeaks software for more than a year. You will dig the software as it is intuitve and works well. The ONLY complaint I have with the CyclingPeaks software is no provision to manually enter workout data when no watts data is available.

SRM Pro is a PERFECT instrument. Nothing is better :) Useage is simple, it holds a charge, downloads are easy, hardware is excellent and the USA service center in Colorado repairs and ships same day! DO IT!

drbob
09-21-2004, 09:51 AM
What cycling computer do you use for speed/cadence etc..? Does that data (speed/heart rate etc...) integrate with the SRM? I've become so attached to my Polar S710 and its bike computer/software that I didn't want to give it up....so I added the Polar Power Meter attachment. Although it has a Rube Goldbergesque type design, it works extremely well, certainly much better than than what is typically written about it.

Too Tall
09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
SRM includes all these functions (speed, avg, dist., cadence, watts, temp, clock, intervals 1-?, etc. etc. )

Fuzzybird
09-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Pezcycling just completed a long term test of the SRM and the review can be found here:

http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2583

drbob
09-21-2004, 12:11 PM
WOW!!! I want one.