PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Apple...

Kevan
09-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Come one...come all!

http://www.westchestercycleclub.org/goldenapple/

The WCC is hosting their annual big ride this coming Sunday, Sept 26, starting out in Goldens Bridge in Northern Westchester County. This is one terrific ride and we gaurantee the good weather. Otherwise, we all get wet.

Some might think I already am....

I digress... Anyway, I will guarantee the roads are going to be safer because I won't be riding this year. Instead, I'll be overseeing operations at the Yorktown food stop. Making PB&J sandwiches, keeping the drinks cold, helping the young ladies back on their bikes, and running interfence with the squadrons of yellowjackets that join in on the festivities. Apparently a new member of our club, a NW transplant who had dealings with the Seattle to Protland ride, has built the club a water tree, as used out there, and that too will be at my stop so you can water your horses.

Come on.... let me see those ugly Ti and steel steeds of yours! :D

PaulE
09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
but this Sunday will be walking only for me, in the New York Walk to Cure Diabetes. And besides, I'd be in big trouble at home if I was out on an extended ride for two consecutive Sundays. Hope we all have great weather!

Serotta PETE
09-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Kevin, wish that i could make it, but will be in Denver for work. Sandy will represent the NC gang.............................Pete (watch your bike)

christian
09-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Kevan,

Wish I could make it, but alas, my parents are coming to visit. I'll be sure to scare up some other NYCC riders to come up though.

Cheers,
- Christian

Bikerfred
09-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Kevan,
Bringing a g roup from Maryland and Connecticut to do the Golden Apple..see you there. Doing the 125 mile run. What is the course like?