PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Rudy Skeey or Skeey Uno?

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Anybody have any impressions of these glasses, particularly with the Rx adapter?

Their web site says “-4.0 diopter Max” and my eyes are -6.5 and -8.0, so I am wondering if anyone has used these with Rx or Rx greater than -4.0. I assume they give a limit because of lens thickness, but with this “pinnacle” type lens plastic they are using at my local optician my lenses are pretty thin.

Thanks for any info to aid my fashion slavery!

BBDave :cool:

EPOJoe
01-05-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm using the Skeey Unos right now. Haven't had any experience with prescription lenses, but I can tell you that they're light, comfortable, and fit (me, at least) better than my Ekynox, or the Tayos. The Ekynox’s also seem to be prone to distortion if you don’t get them exactly level on your face. Saxon's current favorites are the Raydons, which are pretty similar in design to the Skeeys. :banana:

vaxn8r
01-06-2004, 12:37 AM
I have used these since 1997. They've been the most durable eye-protectors I've ever used. I used to buy into the Oakley hype. No pair (of the 4 I bought) lasted >2 years, some much less. Cheap plactic! And when they broke, conveniently they didn't make that model any more, but they would give me a token discount on a brand new pair of their latest model. Grrrr....

Every part of the Rudy project is replaceble. Frame, lens, screws. The thing is, I've never had to replace anything on them. Plus they're stylin'

I recommend the smoke lens and a clear or yellow replacement set. Don't get mirrored...they scratch.

Bruce K
01-06-2004, 04:43 AM
Dave;

I had the Skeey with the Rx adapter and didn't like them very much. The adapter on the Skeey screws onto the frame where all their others clip on.

Take a look at either the Kerosene (slightly heavy) or the Rydon. I now use the Rydons and like them a lot. They are light, durable, and comfortable. They fit similar to Oakley folding M frames.

BK

Dan La Foot
01-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Dave.
I've been using the Skeey with RX adaptors for about 3 years.
Love em.
Very duable and a nice fashion statement. RX lenses are practically invesible.
The only difficulty is cleaning. Not easy to get the RX lenses off. But doable. I now clean with the RX in place using a tongue depressor and small cleaning cloth.
Good luck.
Dan

BumbleBeeDave
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
What are your prescriptions? As blind as mine?

And Bruce, do you still have yours? Interested in selling them?

BBDave

Bruce K
01-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Dave;

I would sell them to you but one of the screws that holds the Rx adapter in place has stripped out.

You would have to epoxy another back in.

If you are really interested after that, let me know and we can work something out (cheap).

I'm pretty sure I have 3 or 4 different lens colors for them.

Bruce

Dan La Foot
01-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Not quite as blind as you, Dave
Not sure of the exact script.
Dan