PDA

View Full Version : OT: Photo editing

TAW
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry this is so far off, but I thought the commonwealth of this board might be able to answer this question. I'm looking for some photo editing software that will allow me to take an element (a person or their face) out of a picture and put it in another. For example, if I wanted to take a person out of a picture and put them on a mountain picture. Anything easy to learn and fairly cheap?

Thanks!

morty
04-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I like Photoshop Elements. It does many functions as its bigger brother, but at a fraction of the cost. It helps to get a good how-to manual, though.

thwart
04-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Agree on both counts.

thinpin
04-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Elements is the way to go

LO^OK
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Sorry this is so far off, but I thought the commonwealth of this board might be able to answer this question. I'm looking for some photo editing software that will allow me to take an element (a person or their face) out of a picture and put it in another. For example, if I wanted to take a person out of a picture and put them on a mountain picture. Anything easy to learn and fairly cheap?

Thanks!

You can do the job in any image editor. All of them are quite similar, i.e. for a beginner the learning curve is the same.

From the commercial offerings I'd suggest Corel Paint Shop Pro. As a free alternative, the GIMP.

http://www.gimp.org/

TAW
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try the Photoshop Elements and
see how it goes. I need to learn quick.

Thanks!