PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area bike fitter recommendation: Rick Yu @ Eden Bicycles

sbornia
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Like many of you, I've had several fittings over the years. Mine have been in Berkeley, San Francisco, and Palo Alto, and even one up at the Sports Medicine clinic at U.C. Davis with Dr. Testa. None provided any really long-term benefits, and some were just a total waste, with fitters who simply wanted to get it over with so they could go riding. Anyway, fellow forumite Vlad recently suggested that I talk to Rick Yu at Eden Bicycles (http://edenbicycles.com/) in Castro Valley. Best referral I've ever had! (Thanks again Vlad!)

Rick's approach is very holistic, no protractors involved. Lots of time spent talking, pedaling, observing, and tweaking. I now have a much better understanding of my ideal contact points. And the real-world results have been great: more power (PT doesn't lie) and no aches and pains during 4-6 hour rides. I can now focus on riding instead of fit.

If you live near San Francisco or San Jose, it's worth the trek over to the East Bay. Call Rick. He gets it. And I, too, now get why some folks tip their wrenches or drop off a sixpack. Finding a shop like Eden is pretty rare.