04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
SEROTTA new FIXED GEAR "SINGoLO

Singolo Fixed Gear in Jade Green
Code: Fixie-Jade
Price: $1,695.00
Quantity in Basket: none

J.Greene
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I beat you by a minute Pete. Delete my thread if you want.

JG

SEROTTA new FIXED GEAR "SINGoLO

Singolo Fixed Gear in Jade Green
Code: Fixie-Jade
Price: $1,695.00
Quantity in Basket: none

PacNW2Ford
04-23-2008, 02:22 PM
The advertised shipping weight looks impressive.

Pete Serotta
04-23-2008, 02:22 PM
No need to delete a thread........I just can't beat you on the sprint ;) ;)

I beat you by a minute Pete. Delete my thread if you want.

JG

Steve Hampsten
04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
coolio

nice price

who makes the 'luminum fork?

sbornia
04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
who makes the 'luminum fork?

Anyone know if the steerer is carbon on the S-Fork?

http://www.serotta.com/paint/forks.html

fiamme red
04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Aluminum fork? Is that an error?

Who even makes aluminum forks any more? Kinesis?

fiamme red
04-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Why no water bottle bosses on the seat tube, if this is meant for the road?

Fixed
04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
bro that is cool with gas going up more cats riding you can still have bling and ride a serotta urban fixie ..
need to post a build up
one imho
cheers

Keith A
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Aluminum fork? Is that an error?This struck me as being pretty odd as well. A steel frame with an aluminum fork :confused:

Fixed
04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
bro
sometimes we have to trust what poeple who know more say..
i don't think serotta would offer am alum fork if it didn't rock that frame
cheers imho

pale scotsman
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll bet a buck that it's an aluminum steerer tube and a cf fork. Look at the fork tabs.

fiamme red
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I'll bet a buck that it's an aluminum steerer tube and a cf fork. Look at the fork tabs.It looks like a carbon fork to me too.

gt6267a
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.serotta.com/paint/forks.html

S-Fork by Serotta

Sharing the same design lineage as our flagship F3 fork, the S-fork is Serotta's new proprietary mid-level fork option featuring machined aluminum dropouts and crown race seat. Manufactured in our Southern California facility, the S-fork is available in one stiffness level and two rake options to match different frame geometries.

Stiffness: 8.5
Steerer Length: 350mm
Rakes: 43mm, 52mm

Serotta_Mike
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
The S-fork is carbon... like the F3... it's the race and the dropouts that are aluminum (on the F3 they're Ti)

"Sharing the same design lineage as our flagship F3 fork, the S-fork is Serotta's new proprietary mid-level fork option featuring machined aluminum dropouts and crown race seat. Manufactured in our Southern California facility, the S-fork is available in one stiffness level and two rake options to match different frame geometries."

RocketDog
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
The geometry information is a little lacking. I'm not sure why they've neglected to include BB drop, fork rake, and HT length on the chart assuming that this is a stock geometry frame.

fiamme red
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
The S-fork is carbon... like the F3... it's the race and the dropouts that are aluminum (on the F3 they're Ti)

"Sharing the same design lineage as our flagship F3 fork, the S-fork is Serotta's new proprietary mid-level fork option featuring machined aluminum dropouts and crown race seat. Manufactured in our Southern California facility, the S-fork is available in one stiffness level and two rake options to match different frame geometries."Then the description is misleading...

'08 Serotta Singolo fixed gear with Serotta S aluminum fork.

Fork: Serotta S aluminum. Rake: 43mm.

sbornia
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM

"Sharing the same design lineage as our flagship F3 fork, the S-fork is Serotta's new proprietary mid-level fork option featuring machined aluminum dropouts and crown race seat. Manufactured in our Southern California facility, the S-fork is available in one stiffness level and two rake options to match different frame geometries."

That's what I figured, but the Singolo product description is a bit misleading. Instead of "Fork: Serotta S aluminum" it would be clearer as "Fork: Serotta S, carbon with aluminum dropouts and crown race seat."

woolly
04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
The geometry information is a little lacking. I'm not sure why they've neglected to include BB drop, fork rake, and HT length on the chart assuming that this is a stock geometry frame.

Agree. Current information makes it hard to determine which size would fit me best. I can narrow it down to two sizes, but since I'm a bit in between a 56 & 58 I'd need this additional data to be sure.

Also rear dropout spacing (120mm track, or 130mm road?), and max tire size &/or brake reach it was designed for?

Overall a really cool bike that has me pondering which of my current bikes would have to go to make room for one. Providing for front fender mounting would certainly help push me over the purchasing edge.

TimD
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
What's the length of the steerer on the 62cm frame size?

Thanks
Tim

Blastinbob
04-23-2008, 06:03 PM

RocketDog
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM

It looks like the geometry charts have been updated. I'm glad someone is listening.
:banana:

Aspen
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't see the Serotta fixed gear on their site. Do you have a link to it?