PDA

View Full Version : Can a Member be banned?

shinomaster
09-18-2004, 02:12 AM
wait this is in the wrong place never mind...

Sandy
09-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Only if they post in the wrong section of the forum. Bye bye Super Shino!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sandy

Kevan
09-18-2004, 08:39 AM
if you respond to people's incorrectly posted questions. :D

hee...hee...hee...hee...he!

Sandy
09-18-2004, 08:52 AM
if you respond on the wrong forum, Calfee Kevan :D

ha...ha...ha...ha...ha..h!

Kevan
09-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Who would want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member?

That' why I'm here...

And you sir are the beneficiary of that position. :D

Kevin
09-18-2004, 10:12 AM
I saw two "S" names ganging up a "K" name, so Kevan I'm letting you know that I have your back. By the way the only thing worse than belonging to a club that would allow me to be a member is belonging to a club that would allow Sandy to be a member.

Kevin

Sandy
09-18-2004, 11:03 AM
You got that right about Sandy and club membership!

K came into the alphabet about half way. K was ok, but certainly not what a letter should be. Much refinement and improvement was needed. By the time the S came around, it was just about perfect. T-Z are really no improvement at all, only icing on the cake, as they say.

Shino, Serotta, Sandy, Sunshine, Sachs, Smiles, Spectrum, Sensitivity,..., are all such beautiful words!

Killer, Kevan, King Kong, Killjoy, Kidney, Knife, Knockout, Ketchup, Kevin, Kleenex,..., certainly are not beautiful words!

:) Shino, Serotta, Sandy, Simply Shine :)

shinomaster
09-18-2004, 12:18 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I thought Calfee went out of business...

Kevan
09-18-2004, 01:40 PM
they just ride out up front, that's why you don't see'm ;)

life's a giggle unless you're here at work on your day off.... :confused:

Sandy
09-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Up front until the ride begins. :)

Were you winking ;) at me Kevan, at the end of your first sentence?? Simply shameful! Simply Shameful!

Shameless,

Sandy

Kevin
09-18-2004, 02:21 PM
You got that right about Sandy and club membership!

K came into the alphabet about half way. K was ok, but certainly not what a letter should be. Much refinement and improvement was needed. By the time the S came around, it was just about perfect. T-Z are really no improvement at all, only icing on the cake, as they say.

Shino, Serotta, Sandy, Sunshine, Sachs, Smiles, Spectrum, Sensitivity,..., are all such beautiful words!

Killer, Kevan, King Kong, Killjoy, Kidney, Knife, Knockout, Ketchup, Kevin, Kleenex,..., certainly are not beautiful words!

:) Shino, Serotta, Sandy, Simply Shine :)

Sandy,

After looking at your list of S words and K words, I realized that one of the K words, namely King Kong, can beat the s-word out of each and every S word on your list. For example, King Kong against Shino: no contest; King Kong gets on a Serotta and the frame snaps; King Kong against Sandy: I am just laughing thinking about it; King Kong gets on a Sachs and the frame has the same fate as the Serotta; as does the Spectrum. Now before you tell me that the S group has Superman, who probably could beat up King Kong, let me remind you that the K group has Kryptonite.

Kevin

Sandy
09-18-2004, 02:50 PM
What about Supermirman? Supermirman is an evolved Superman, but with many, many more attributes, and is totally not affected by the Kryptonite junk. What do you Kevun and that other guy Kevon have to say now??

Supermirman

Kevan
09-18-2004, 03:16 PM
I've seen Supermirman at work, and there's just no stopping him.

I've never seen such devastation with just one single swipe past the dinner buffet line. Simply re....markable!

Why, Supermirman would consume King Kong as if he were a Devil Dog. All he'd need is a milk chaser! :D

Sandy
09-18-2004, 03:27 PM
You are finally correct on something. Supermirman certainly does consume a lot of food. He started as Superman, and evoved into Supermirman, Superman with something in the middle (mir).

I'm hungry and I am looking for King Kong,

Super S

Kevin
09-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Sandy,

I have done some reading on this Supermirman person. While kryptonite will not stop him, I understand that a hill will bring him to a grinding halt. So King Kong is waiting for Supermirman at the top of the K2, which happens to be in Kashmir. How long do you think it will take your Supermirman to climb to an elevation of 28,250 feet? That K mountain is pretty high, the tallest S mountain I could think of is Saltoro Kangri, which is 5,000 feet Smaller. Perhaps when Supermirman masters the small S mountain he can move up to the K mountain.

Kevin

Sandy
09-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Didn't you forget one thing, Kman. The old Superman can fly. The new evovled Supermirman is even Speedier. He doesn't climb to the top Kman. He Soars to the top.

Soaring Supersonic Speeds Supersonic Speedster Supermirman

Sandy
09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
This post makes Supermirman's post number 1,000.

That makes him even more Special.

Special Supersonic Speedster Soaring Supermirman

Kevin
09-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Sandy,

Need I remind you that the abbreviation for 1,000 is K. It is time for you to admit defeat.

Kevin

Sandy
09-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Well done Kman2. Very well done. Sort of like a Sizzling Supermirman Steak after Super S finishes with you and Kman1. I admit that I have to regroup, but I will be back, along with all of my Superminimirmans, my loyal and devious followers.

Super S

BumbleBeeDave
09-18-2004, 09:24 PM
. . . PLEASE go for a ride . . . or post a picture . . . or SOMETHING! :rolleyes:

BBDave--back from 26 miles on the mtb!

shinomaster
09-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Yes I abee with Bumble Bee Tuna Dave! You silly guys are way off topic! How does this relate to cycling or the Serotta fan club??

Andreu
09-19-2004, 04:51 AM
..............................why... what have you done?
:beer:

shinomaster
09-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Well the question was not really about me, but I suppose I could be banned for making disparaging remarks about my Serotta Atlanta over the years, something which I promise to never do again. It was addressed at individuals who express such extreme negativity or hatred toward other members, that their presence may be disruptive or no longer welcome.
I remember on the old phorum a person was banned actually , so I suppose I just answered my own question!

hybridbellbaske
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
By the way- K2 is not in Kashmir- but it is in the Karakorams!

Andreu
09-20-2004, 11:52 AM
The recent posts of extreme negativity and/or hatred toward other members was distasteful to say the least...generally there is a sort of self-policing which kind of works but sometimes we need a moderator to start giving yellow and red cards (soccer analogy which I hope you understand). My guess would be if people want to be disruptive it is easy, once banned, to re-enter a forum under a different name - so they will pop up again from time to time.
I sometimes get dragged into "political" posts and my Eurocentric politics could be deemed negative (by some hatred?) - a yellow card from time to time is probably what is needed to get my posts and the forum back on topic i.e. cycling!
Anyway anyone got any pictures of a nice Serotta! :)
A :beer:

Serotta PETE
09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Well the question was not really about me, but I suppose I could be banned for making disparaging remarks about my Serotta Atlanta over the years, something wich I promise to never do again. It was addressed at individuals who express such extreme negativity or hatred toward other members, that their presence may be disruptive or no longer welcome.
I remember on the old phorum a person was banned actually , so I suppose I just answered my own question!

No, but you can be made to buy plenty of drinks at the next open house or event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pete

admin
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Yes, a member can be banned!

BumbleBeeDave
09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
. . . However, he SHOULD have to buy all beer at the next open house to attone for this gratuitous waste of bandwidth! ;) ;) ;) :banana:

BBDave

M_A_Martin
09-20-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't suppose we get to vote them off like on the reality shows that I don't watch...

:banana:

(Keep up that "buy all the beer" and we'll never ever see shinomaster at a Serotta event. He'd have to sell his cannondale!)

shinomaster
09-20-2004, 04:33 PM
hey how did I did my post get here?? Is this a warning Alyson??

BumbleBeeDave
09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
BE VERY AFRAID!!! ;)

BBDave

shinomaster
09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Ok, drinks are on me if you all come out to P-Town!!

alembical
09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Ok, drinks are on me if you all come out to P-Town!!

You've got a deal. I will see you soon shinobuddy. :beer:

Alembical

Sandy
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Alyson sees all and knows all. Sometimes she knows it before it actually happens. Sometimes she knows about it before one even thinks about doing or saying or posting it. Obviously, Serotta Alyson is on top of everything going on in this forum. Nothing gets past Serotta Alyson. Nothing. Absolutely nothing!!

Sandy

shinomaster
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Sorry Ben the Offer is only good for East Coast members!! Ha ha..

spiderman
09-20-2004, 05:53 PM
--just has to monitor the high volume participants
and keeps well informed...
...i hesitate saying this...
but with all the superhero comments in this message string
...superman can't spin, he just flies...
spiderman flies when he spins.
come out to the middle of nowhere iowa
for a group ride and i'll by all 'ya all dinner...

Sandy
09-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Spiderman will buy Sandyman dinner? That is an all you can eat buffet dinner? How about a buffet breakfast? Buffet lunch? Sounds very enticing to me.

Superman, Spiderman, Sandyman,... Life is beautiful!!

Elefantino
09-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I would like to be the last post on this thread before you close it.

Do I win something?

dirtdigger88
09-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I vote Alyson for President.....all hail Alyson!!!!! now if we could just get her out on a bike- then she would understand. (insert evil laugh here!)

Jason

dirtdigger88
09-20-2004, 07:41 PM
I would like to be the last post on this thread before you close it.

Do I win something?

Oups, I guess I messed up your being last.

nosaj ;)

spiderman
09-21-2004, 07:32 AM
the last post is gauranteed
immunity from being banned...
...let's say...
forever!
...or how about at least a week!

and obtw,
the breakfast option at the hometown grill
serves up the biggest omelette and pancake (not plural)
that you've ever seen!
...i'll even throw in post ride macchiatos at my house!

Kevin
09-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I think you really have to go over the line to be banned. I posted naked pictures of Sandy and Serotta Alyson let me stay. I think she even fell in love with Sandy.

All joking aside, I am in favor of the new 30-day probation system. I think that a couple of our fellow forum members, who posted some rather questionable and hateful religious postings, need help on knowing what is appropriate on this forum and in society as a whole. So thank you Serotta Alyson. As the forum's designated aethist, I will now sign off and go out for my evening ride.

Kevin

gasman
09-22-2004, 10:51 PM
I think you really have to go over the line to be banned. I posted naked pictures of Sandy and Serotta Alyson let me stay. I think she even fell in love with Sandy.

All joking aside, I am in favor of the new 30-day probation system. I think that a couple of our fellow forum members, who posted some rather questionable and hateful religious postings, need help on knowing what is appropriate on this forum and in society as a whole. So thank you Serotta Alyson. As the forum's designated aethist, I will now sign off and go out for my evening ride.

Kevin

Well said Kevin and every forum needs an atheist, and maybe an agnostic or two. :D

Gasman

bcm119
09-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Or 3.

okay thats it, sorry.

BumbleBeeDave
09-23-2004, 07:22 AM
You will no doubt be amazed to learn that after your posting naked pictures of Sandy, ALL other forum members except Sandy resigned for health reasons and are no longer on the forum. It’s just you and Sandy. He has been single-handedly pretending to be over one THOUSAND different forum members ever since then in an elaborate and well-intentioned effort to avoid hurting your feelings. That’s just the kind of guy he is! In fact, I am also Sandy! We are ALL Sandy!

Gee, that sounds kinda Zen , don’t it? ;)

BBDave

Kevin
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
BBDave, I mean Sandy,

I can always count on you for a laugh. You of course left out the fact that Serotta Alyson, who has a crush on Sandy, is still reading with great admiration every one of Sandy's posts. I bet she is even reading this one. She will pretend she isn't, but we know she is there.

Kevin

Sandy
09-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Scared Sandy