:) Wow - check this out, Don Walker's daughters bike from fixed gear gallery:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2008/apr/3/DonWalkerCycles_aol.htm

Too Tall
04-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Hoss, you done good :)

Acotts
04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Will you feed a love starved child?

For just one payment of $2500, you can help one man get his father to make him a track bike.

By taking part in the Send Acott's Dad to Yamaguchi Bike Building School (SAD YAMABBS) foundation, you will shed tears of joy and excitement as you live through the experience step by step, tear by tear, with acotts and his father bonding together with Lugs and Hugs.

Help me, make your dream come true.

PM me if interested.

Fixed
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
d.w. makes one fine looking ride imho
cheers

Steelhead
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I am curious on one thing..... check the seatpost insertion point into the seat tube, ie. no fixing bolt/tightening bolt that is visible? What keeps the seattube from twisting and/or slamming the collar?

I am sure the tolerance between the post and seat tube are precise, but surely it has to be clamped.... ??? :)

Tony Edwards
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Beautiful, but I don't know that I'd be comfortable putting a child on a fixed gear.

swoop
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Beautiful, but I don't know that I'd be comfortable putting a child on a fixed gear.

no tricycle for your little one?
i think kids are great on fixies. especially at the track.. its grown ups who are new to them that are a mess for all the unlearning.
i have had the luck to teach kids how to ride track bikes at the track and they get it much faster than adults do. we did it for big brothers big sisters for a few years and the kids love it. they are naturals for the lack of gears and the logic of a fixie.

RPS
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I am curious on one thing..... check the seatpost insertion point into the seat tube, ie. no fixing bolt/tightening bolt that is visible? What keeps the seattube from twisting and/or slamming the collar?

I am sure the tolerance between the post and seat tube are precise, but surely it has to be clamped.... ??? :)I don't know how he did it, but one possible way would be to use an expansion wedge much like on a quill stem. The bolt would run down the middle of the post, hence not visible. I can't imagine doing it other than for a show bike since adjusting would be a pain.

edit:
P.S. -- On second thought if that is what he did, it may not be too hard to reach through the cut out in the saddle.

soulspinner
04-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Helmets bro... ;)

Ligero
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM

I am sure the tolerance between the post and seat tube are precise, but surely it has to be clamped.... ??? :)

He took off the seat clamp for the pictures. He posted about it here http://frameforum.org/forum3/index.php?topic=294.0