PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can find old-style Selle Italia Prolink Saddles?

Louis
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM
The saddle on my daily-rider (which was not at all old) went bad on me a while ago, and I've discovered that the newer Prolink Light, which I was going to use in its place, just doesn't work for me. As usual, you find something that works for you, then the stupid-@ss manufacturer discontinues it. I really, really, really hate that about cycling.

I've looked all over, and all I seem to find are the new models, not the older style.

This is getting critical, because my butt is in PAIN.

TIA
Louis

eddief
04-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I too am addicted to a certain model, but my preference is Selle Italia Prolink Trans Am Gel Flow. I got one in storage just in case. Seems as if ebay is your best bet, but you probably already scoured there.

Good luck.

stevep
04-21-2008, 06:00 AM
louis,
they had a lot of trouble with the early ones cracking- hence the redo.
you could probably find a few on flea bay though...they dont seem to last very long..

whammo45
04-21-2008, 06:26 AM
I have one I can sell you,
some mounting marks but overall good shape
have to go to work now but let me know

Ron C

dvs cycles
04-21-2008, 08:30 AM
The saddle on my daily-rider (which was not at all old) went bad on me a while ago, and I've discovered that the newer Prolink Light, which I was going to use in its place, just doesn't work for me. As usual, you find something that works for you, then the stupid-@ss manufacturer discontinues it. I really, really, really hate that about cycling.

I've looked all over, and all I seem to find are the new models, not the older style.

This is getting critical, because my butt is in PAIN.

TIA
Louis
Ordered what I thought was an '07 model on sale at World cycling Productions for $93. When it got here it was the older style you are seeking.
I sent it back for credit as I wanted the newer design.

benb
04-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Can any of you guys who ride the Prolink compare it with the Flite?

How wide is the nose on the Prolink? I was thinking of trying it.. but if the nose is any wider then the new flight it will drive me nuts I think.

It has elastomers or something extra to try and absorb some shock right?

Louis
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Ordered what I thought was an '07 model on sale at World cycling Productions for $93. When it got here it was the older style you are seeking.

Well, I tried WCP and spoke to them for a while, but they said they only had the more recent models.

Still looking - anybody else out there have some ideas?

taylorj
04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Are you looking for the 06 Selle Italia Prolink Saddle?

dvs cycles
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, I tried WCP and spoke to them for a while, but they said they only had the more recent models.

Still looking - anybody else out there have some ideas?
Trust me they don't know what they have. It gets shipped from a supplier and the supplier apparently has the '06 models.
That has to be the reason it was going for $93.
Have you got the '07 model?
I tried last year from Blue Sky Cycling and it was the old stock too.
They had the Gel Flow with the cut out and it hurt me bad.
Every cut out saddle I have had hurts.
I've got an '07 Prolink lite and an '07 Flite Gel Flo that I only put 200 miles on before retiring them to the parts closet.

Louis
04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Are you looking for the 06 Selle Italia Prolink Saddle?

I'm looking for the model with:

1) Cutout
2) The light blue elastomer

Here's a pic:

dvs cycles
04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
The SI with cut outs are GEL FLO's.
I thought you meant the pro-link without the cut out refered to just a s Pro-Link.
Good luck trying to find one of those.
Doesn't saddle shopping suck.
I like the old flite gel, no cut out , but since it has changed designs the flites are narrower and don't feel good.
I have spent over $500 on saddles in the last year trying to find a new one so I don't have to keep looking for old ones.
After less than 200 miles I always go back to my old one.

Louis
04-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I have spent over $500 on saddles in the last year trying to find a new one so I don't have to keep looking for old ones. After less than 200 miles I always go back to my old one.

Have you tried the CC demo program?

dvs cycles
04-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Have you tried the CC demo program?
By the time they advertized that I had tried most of them.

Now I'm just burnt out on trying something new just to make may butt hurt. :crap:

taylorj
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm looking for the model with:

1) Cutout
2) The light blue elastomer

Here's a pic:

This is really really close to what we have in stock, but the blue outlines are different. RATS!

Louis
04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
What really burns me up is that until about 2 weeks ago I didn't even think about my saddle. There were no issues, everything was fine, I had a model that worked for me.

Now, all of a sudden, I'm in Saddle Hell. Add that to the left knee pain I get after about 20 minutes of riding, every single ride, with every single revolution when I apply force with my left leg, thing's are looking pretty durn bleak this spring...

taylorj
04-21-2008, 06:54 PM
The saddle we have in stock looks exactly like your saddle on top. And there is blue underneath but I can't tell from the photo if it looks exact. I can maybe get a photo taken of what we have tomorrow. It is an 06 version and it is on sale and I can ship to about any shop in the USA. But it would likely have to be shipped to your LBS. If it is right...then you hit pay-dirt since I have a few NOS in the warehouse. I will try and get you a photo tomorrow.

morty
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Louis, I recently bought two of those on ebay from Ital Tecno for about $50 ea. They were listing one per week for several weeks about two months ago. Maybe they have a retail store you can check out?