PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Roubaix on NOW!!!

witcombusa
04-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Versus TV

3-5 est

swoop
04-20-2008, 02:30 PM
you can find it here too. just search for it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/paris%2Broubaix/video/x52bee_cycling-paris-roubaix-2008_sport

rounder
04-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I know the race ended last week and that Boonen won. Watched it today on tv and thought the race and coverage was excellent. Lots of dust (didn't try to explain to wife that it was from cow poop). I liked watching the bikes riding over the cobbles with the chains bouncing against the stays and the left corner late in the race (don't remember the name) where anyone who drifted to far close to the edge got taken out and ended up in the grass...thrown from the bike. The last three guys made a race of it and you could see why Boonen is Boonen. Blew them away in the sprint.

TriJim
04-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Living in Europe, I missed the coverage, but the DVD is already pre-ordered. Of course I saw the real thing - just back from a week in Belgium and France riding and watching Flanders, G-W, and Paris-Roubaix. :banana:

Not sure where Rounder got the comment about cow poop, but there aren't many cows grazed in the area and they would not be out on the public roads; even if they are older cobblestone bits. It's just dust and we saw plenty on the Friday before the race. You could tell when a pro team was coming from behind by the spectators grabbing their cameras. After the pros passed you had to move to the edge since their cars were usually close behind. Boonen and Quickstep had two cars, two vans, and lots of photogs; during practice! :beer:

rounder
04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Living in Europe, I missed the coverage, but the DVD is already pre-ordered. Of course I saw the real thing - just back from a week in Belgium and France riding and watching Flanders, G-W, and Paris-Roubaix. :banana:

Not sure where Rounder got the comment about cow poop, but there aren't many cows grazed in the area and they would not be out on the public roads; even if they are older cobblestone bits. It's just dust and we saw plenty on the Friday before the race. You could tell when a pro team was coming from behind by the spectators grabbing their cameras. After the pros passed you had to move to the edge since their cars were usually close behind. Boonen and Quickstep had two cars, two vans, and lots of photogs; during practice! :beer:

You were lucky to have been there for the races. I've never been to Belgium, but I thought from reading that the cobbles were used as cow paths. Anyway, Paris-Roubaix was great on tv.

swoop
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
ingredients:

dirt, coal dust (the cobbles were there to transport coal from the mines), fertilizer, mud, cow poop, chunks of granite.
am i forgetting anything?

Erik.Lazdins
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Versus TV

3-5 est

Thanks for this post - I caught the broadcast because of it! I thought I had missed it since it wasn't broadcast last Sunday.

:beer:

cadence231
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
ingredients:

dirt, coal dust (the cobbles were there to transport coal from the mines), fertilizer, mud, cow poop, chunks of granite.
am i forgetting anything?

Roman soldier stuff.