PDA

View Full Version : Atmos vs Ionos...

bostondrunk
04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Besides a slightly different look and price (about $40 diff. on the 'bay), what's the difference, in terms of fit?

thx

thejen12
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
ATMOs - seem to fit very well in this forum, atmo.

Ionos? - Iono, what do you think?

What do you get when you cross and elephant with a rhinoceros?

Elifino! :D

Jenn

bostondrunk
04-19-2008, 12:30 PM
awesome, thats the info I was looking for. I can sleep now.
:rolleyes:

SoCalSteve
04-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I think you could probably save the $40.00 unless you ride in very hot climates and need more ventilation.

My understanding of helmets, pricing, etc is that the more expensive ones usually have more vents (more vents=better cooling).

I own the Atmos, and it is a great helmet, fwiw.

Good luck!

Steve

wrestlr
04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Just got my Ionos the other day and am pretty satisfied with it. I had a Bell Sweep R previous to this and loved the bell. The ionos seems to have a slightly smaller profile on my head and not as bulgy, but doesn't sit down as low in the front. Fit is pretty good after a couple of rides and all the straps were properly adjusted. As far as it being worth the extra $$ that is a personal call I guess. I don't know if there is a noticable advantage or difference between this and the atmos but the team got the Ionos so that is what I get.
-Mike

dave1215
04-19-2008, 02:19 PM
i read somewhere that the atmos has a round-ish inside shell shape and the ionos has an oval-ish inside shell shape. if this is true, then i would decide based on a side by side fitting, if possible.

hope this helps.

:)

wrestlr
04-19-2008, 03:12 PM
i read somewhere that the atmos has a round-ish inside shell shape and the ionos has an oval-ish inside shell shape. if this is true, then i would decide based on a side by side fitting, if possible.

hope this helps.

:)

True. I forgot to add that :)
-Mike

flux
04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Of all the helmets I think the Limar Pro 104 is the least heinous.

Elefantino
04-19-2008, 04:16 PM
What do you get when you cross and elephant with a rhinoceros?

Elifino!
Typo.

swoop
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
i have both... i think the atmos is more comfy.... and the ionos is more breezy.
that being said.. i have to out myself for having a weird head.

Elefantino
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Besides a slightly different look and price (about $40 diff. on the 'bay), what's the difference, in terms of fit?

thx
Unless a person is one for whom price is no object, I don't understand why folks don't buy the cheapest, best-fitting helmet available. Then buy two more. That way there will be enough helmets to last several years, and the money saved can be spent on more important things.

My $3.57, which is two cents adjusted for inflation.

bostondrunk
04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Unless a person is one for whom price is no object, I don't understand why folks don't buy the cheapest, best-fitting helmet available. Then buy two more. That way there will be enough helmets to last several years, and the money saved can be spent on more important things.

My $3.57, which is two cents adjusted for inflation.

Because I have to be up on the latest fashion trends..... ;)

Elefantino
04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Because I have to be up on the latest fashion trends..... ;)
Oh.

Never mind.

brians647
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM

thx

I seem to be in the minority here, but I clearly think that the Ionos is a more comfortable fit. Just a couple more cushions in the right places, make it fit and feel much better.

Of all the helmets I think the Limar Pro 104 is the least heinous.

No, umm... ahem... bias there, eh? :D ;)

stevep
04-19-2008, 08:50 PM
i used an atmos last year and now have an ionos.
i have a large squash, the atmos i had to fit a little by removing a touch of the foam or it rubbed my forehead a little.
the ionos does not. it fits me better.
side by side comparison as suggested would be best.
s