PDA

View Full Version : Capo Forma Clothes

Mikej
04-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Does anybody have any experience w/ this brand? Sizing tips? It looks like nice stuff at Competitive Cyclist, and its not 500$. Thanks.

swoop
04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
they did my team kit a few years ago (sothebys') and now are pretty much all i wear just for the nice plain wrap gear.
there's different levels of chamois but even the low end is good.. love the top end.

i wear small jerseys and medium shorts.... which makes them sized like all the other not basque brands.

but the prices are crawling up.
they do nice big manly zippers.
thumbs up from here... i've literally got dozens of their kits.
bergamo and capo forma.... prolly my favorite brand right now (until they get too popular).

have you checked out the campy clothing? looks nice.....

jemoryl
04-18-2008, 11:02 AM
From what I understand this is Bergamo stuff that has been renamed.
I have a Bergamo LS jersey that fits me weird, so I never investigated their other items.

DarrenCT
04-18-2008, 11:09 AM
i wear small jerseys and medium shorts.... which makes them sized like all the other not basque brands.

swoop,

i wear the same sizes. i have some used bibs that im not wearing much. all white. used for 6 century rides and all winter long on the trainer.

pm if interested

swoop
04-18-2008, 11:11 AM
can you just send the chamois?
cut out the rest.. its a hobby. i make yamulkes.

DarrenCT
04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
can you just send the chamois?
cut out the rest.. its a hobby. i make yamulkes.

good thinking. i'll send the spandex part to roman. his kids can use it for a halloween costume.

Mikej
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM

So, how tall and how much do you way? I be 72" 155lb - I was thinkin L for both.

Thanks.

tomwd3
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I've got some capo stuff and it's my favorite. The lycra in the bibs is sweet.
I'm 70" tall and I've got a Large bibs. They fit well. I'm closer to 170, so probably makes up for the 2" diff. I'd go with the L.
Tom

cadence231
04-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Does anybody have any experience w/ this brand? Sizing tips? It looks like nice stuff at Competitive Cyclist, and its not 500$. Thanks.
I got three pairs of these (http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/product-socksbooties/2008-capoforma-ribbed-euro-skinlife-socks-3787_1797_FALSE.html) and everyone of them have failed in multiple areas on the seams. Big thumbs down on those but they are sooo neato especially the white ones!
The arm and knee skins fit big and therefore their small is too big for me(5'7" 140#). The knee skins aren't cut anatomically which is a bummer. Unlike the Assos which fit nicely.

Never any probs with their sox and I have three models of those...in fact I love the the Ribbed Euro Skinlife's and they are my favs.
I've never had their jerseys or shorts.
I ordered some thermal armwarmers from Erik Saunders when he was selling them about 4 years ago and they are still going strong.

znfdl
04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I really like these shorts:

http://www.westernbikeworks.com/productdetail.asp?p=CUCSS

swoop
04-18-2008, 02:06 PM

So, how tall and how much do you way? I be 72" 155lb - I was thinkin L for both.

Thanks.
5'7 3/4 mebbe 8 and 145-53... junk in my trunk.
i sometimes do small shorts as well... its a toss up.

i've never had a sock failure.. and i hang dry all bike clothing. machine wash.. with jerseys zipped up.

the best quality stuff for me is still exte ondo but its too expensive.

wasfast
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I have a Cyfac jersey made by them which is my absolute favorite jersey period. Great stuff.

I have a pair of Bergamo knee warmers that are fine too.

Bergamo and Capo Forma are the same guys. I believe they OEM from an Italian manufacturer.