PDA

View Full Version : Mike Zanconoto Witness Relocation

Too Tall
04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
We have not heard much from the busy guy lately. Thought I'd post a pic. Direct results of Mike's TERRIBLE (kidding) advice for gluing CX race wheels. Booooo you suk boy (again kidding for the humor impaired). I've missed riding the SpeedVagen SO much that had to ride to work and back today. STUPID freak tread cut shredded a nice race tyre boooo. More stupidity, I had no tools only a spare. Spent a while getting the tyre off and trust me it was race glued ala Mike Z's directions (glue + tape + glue ) Want to know what else is shredded? Lock your doors man, I've got BIG WILLY on retainer. He's gonna skin YOU!!!!

dave1215
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
that looks bad too tall - keep it clean and disinfected!

if you can't change a tubular due to that injury, you may need to ride clinchers!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

stevep
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
tubulars= masochists anonymous/

not for me...
im a card carrying member of
"slam yr fingers in a car door for fun association"
thats enough pain fr me.

mschol17
04-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Ow.

shinomaster
04-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Carry a razor blade and cut your tire off next time. Super glue your thumb back together. Cyanoacrylate was developed for gluing skin.

Too Tall
04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks Shino...rest of you haters can go pound sand ;) hehe.

That's the result of a RACE GLUED tyre. :) Helllllooooo

Ahneida Ride
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
T**2

Keep the Hydrogen Peroxide on that !!!!

Were you wearing golves? ;)

Too Tall
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
No gloves, no tools I was in a world of hurt. Normally I have a filed dull piece of screwdriver that makes short work of something like this. I might just tape a razorblade to the saddle rail...oh nevermind cause next time I WON'T ride those dang TUFOs boooooooo. Yep, thanks I have been slathering the wound with triple ointment ouch. Good thing my sis is in town...she's an awesome cook and I've got a mob for passover.

On a good note. I Toob Spooged the popped TUFO a few hrs. ago...pumped it to 60 psi which is way more than I'd race and that cr@p seems to work. Go figure?

flux
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I still don't understand. How exactly did you cut your thumb that bad?

AgilisMerlin
04-17-2008, 08:56 PM
no lie...............

soak your hand in warm water for 10 minutes, and dry off. Take some hydrogen peroxide and pour over thumb..........let bubble...............dry and repeat process a couple of times..................

gashed my hand this week...............and doing the same.......

your thumb looks like shyt.........................no lie......................

good luck...........

i am with stevep on this one......................like taking a hammer to your thumb, while looking at the nail

zank
04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
That'll teach ya for mounting Tufos.

DarrenCT
04-17-2008, 09:17 PM
That'll teach ya for mounting Tufos.

ehyo

lets go with ur setup. im psychedmo

zank
04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I'll be ringin' ya tomorrow. You can't be psyched more than me... :beer:

Dekonick
04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
NO NO NO NO!

Just go find a smelly road kill, take a few maggots and put 'em in the wound. Much better than hydrogen peroxide!

Seriously, hydrogen peroxide is NASTY to live tissue - it kills germs sure...but destroys good tissue at the same time. Pick something else to cleanse the wound - soap, water, and vigorous scrubbing followed by a tripple antibiotic ointment. Or maggots....

coylifut
04-17-2008, 11:33 PM
attention all tubular users. any tire I glue will do that to your thumb unless you are carrying a couple of aluminum tire irons. No. None of you can change a tubular as fast as I can fix a clincher. If you can, please don't ride any where near Steve P.

CarbonCycles
04-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks Shino...rest of you haters can go pound sand ;) hehe.

That's the result of a RACE GLUED tyre. :) Helllllooooo

Owwwe bro, sorry to see you in so much pain. Speaking of pounding sand, this image seriously gives that phrase new meaning

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=220252&stc=1&d=1207000996

Jack Brunk
04-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Please leave Zanc alone until after may when my frame will be done. After that he's fair game.

shinomaster
04-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Too Tall...At what point does your thumb feel pain and tell your brain owie!! And then your brain is supposed to tell your hand to let go? And then you don't rip open your skin suit? Just askin..

stevep
04-18-2008, 05:21 AM
I'll be ringin' ya tomorrow. You can't be psyched more than me... :beer:

zanc,
darren wants you to send his frame to me for testing. he doesnt trust you so i have subcontracted the job.
please send right away as i have parts waiting for a home.
s

DarrenCT
04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
zanc,
darren wants you to send his frame to me for testing. he doesnt trust you so i have subcontracted the job.
please send right away as i have parts waiting for a home.
s

will u promise to beat the daylights out of it?

ps: zank already has the parts. unless u have a sora group, ur out of luck

stevep
04-18-2008, 06:00 AM
you are putting ti-designs old crank on it right?
the 56-28-24?
that thing works out perfectly.

will u promise to beat the daylights out of it?

ps: zank already has the parts. unless u have a sora group, ur out of luck

William
04-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Too Tall ***!!!! You can cobble the treads on my Lake's with a razor sharp Spyderco......but you rip open flesh on a tubular??? :crap:

Just for that you must re-read the Ode to Tubulars:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=185422&postcount=1

Forget the razor blades and dull screw drivers, I'm sending you a razor sharp Bear Claw that'll do the job quickly and safely. :)
http://www.knivesplus.com/media/CR-2500-small.jpg

All you guys waiting for your Zanks, Mike has me test each and every one of them before they leave the shop. I get to ride them before you saps ever get your grubby little mits on dem. I was catching about four feet of air off the loading dock on Stevep's "Z" before he got it. You'd be surprised how well little bits of chewed up Bubbleicious cover up dings.

:p

William :D

chrisroph
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Too Tall ***!!!! You can cobble the treads on my Lake's with a razor sharp Spyderco......but you rip open flesh on a tubular??? :crap:

Just for that you must re-read the Ode to Tubulars:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=185422&postcount=1

Forget the razor blades and dull screw drivers, I'm sending you a razor sharp Bear Claw that'll do the job quickly and safely. :)
http://www.knivesplus.com/media/CR-2500-small.jpg

All you guys waiting for your Zanks, Mike has me test each and every one of them before they leave the shop. I get to ride them before you saps ever get your grubby little mits on dem. I was catching about four feet of air off the loading dock on Stevep's "Z" before he got it. You'd be surprised how well little bits of chewed up Bubbleicious cover up dings.

:p

William :D

dude,

your knees will hit your chest on everybody's except TT's.

TT, that is nasty. gotta have the right tool for the job.

Terry, word. clinchers still suck. :beer:

cpg
04-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Josh,

Looks like frame builder hands. Just another day at the bench. :)

Curt

jmeloy
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Please leave Zanc alone until after may when my frame will be done. After that he's fair game.
Jack,
END OF MAY!! And I'm one spot ahead of you??
Zanc, can it be true?
;)
-JAM

Fixed
04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
you are tough bro most cats would have given up
cheers

Too Tall
04-20-2008, 05:54 AM
One of my cousins asked me to take the bandage off and show her...that was good for about.02 seconds :rolleyes: Funny thing about pain Shino, maybe old bike racers have burnt out all their pain receptors or something? I had the old tubular off...could see my thumb was starting to blister...stretched the spare and was pushing it on...sucker was tight..almost had it on when it caught the blister between rim and tyre ripping off that dime size peice...felt nothing and thought to myself better work quick ;)

Titan bro., I've been up half the night shamed, humiliated and crushed. I've possibly scared off one or two clincher-afflicted readers with this sorry tale and for that I apologize. Reading the ode to tubulars helped alot.

Now I'm watching out for Zank, he's got something "special" in store to learn me. I POMISE TO QUIT TUFOs bro.

Friends don't let friends ride clinchers (and TUFOs)

zank
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Tufos are a gateway drug.

taylorj
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Tufos are a gateway drug.
Hey Zank---did you move away from Wooster? (or War-chester---as this west coast gringo calls it?) This is Joni Taylor---formerly of Seven---you didn't move...did you?

zank
04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi Joni! No, not yet. We leave for Milwaukee at the end of July. Rebecca starts her training August 1.

That was a short stay for you and Mike in Watertown :)

taylorj
04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Joni! No, not yet. We leave for Milwaukee at the end of July. Rebecca starts her training August 1.

That was a short stay for you and Mike in Watertown :)

Milwaukee is a nice town. It felt like I was in H2O-town forever. Are you packing up shop and building in the mid-west? I may need to order a new fork for Mike's cross bike---

zank
04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Nope. Everything is staying in MA and I am not building. We are only in WI for 12 months.

Say hi to Mike for me!

taylorj
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Nope. Everything is staying in MA and I am not building. We are only in WI for 12 months.

Say hi to Mike for me!

Mike says Hi! What is Robinson going to do without you? Enjoy the mid-west. I love it there!

DarrenCT
04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
yo z

no booze for the next week since you are building my frame.

when i pick it up, we'll get hammered :)

shinomaster
04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
yo z

no booze for the next week since you are building my frame.

when i pick it up, we'll get hammered :)

Mike be careful....he's serious!