PDA

View Full Version : Happy "Let's capture Osama Bin Laden"

Needs Help
09-16-2004, 07:52 AM
I just wanted to wish all the coalition's armed forces--I know some of them ride Serottas and duck in here occassionally--success and personal safety in their pursuit of terrorists world wide, so that some day soon all this killing and insanity will stop, and all the people of the world can live together in peace...and ride bikes.

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

imagine by john lennon

scottcw
09-16-2004, 08:55 AM
I thought this was a cycling forum.

Sandy
09-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Obviously your post was written in direct response to my wish, and accompanying posts, in the thread I started wishing all a Happy Rosh Hashana. I am sorry that you found that thread so inappropriate and with so little merit. It was, as I said, a spontaneous wish to ALL, nothing more, and nothing less. It certainly was not cycling specific, but I never thought that it would be offensive or inappropriate to anyone. I guess that I was wrong.

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
09-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Last I heard, this forum has over 1000 "members." I guess it would be too much to ask that there not be at least one, uuuh, "disagreeable" member such as this.

I think everyone who matters took your best wishes for EXACTLY what they were, and I for one appreciate them.

BBDave

Bill Bove
09-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Actually Sandy, I am not Jewish but I appreciate you wishing me a happy RH. By doing so you are sharing with me all the good that your religion brings to you. Thank you very much.

bcm119
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Sandman, being a mathematically inclined fellow, you should know that theres scientific evidence to back up the old adage, "theres one in every crowd". Don't let that statistical manifestation ruin your good intentions.

Climb01742
09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
happy festivus to all. ;)

Ahneida Ride
09-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Happy Rosh Hashanah !!!

and practice moral absolutes designed by God not man !

RABikes2
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Actually Sandy, I am not Jewish but I appreciate you wishing me a happy RH. By doing so you are sharing with me all the good that your religion brings to you. Thank you very much.

I think Bill said it so nicely. Thank you Sandy. Happy New Year to you, Gloria, and all on the forum. :) :)

RA

davids
09-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Do you think Needs Help would have had the same response to a "Merry Christmas" post?

BumbleBeeDave
09-16-2004, 02:27 PM
. . . he could go out for a ride on his Serotta and get rid of some of that stress . . .

BBD

Climb01742
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
i think we could all use more of that good old festivus spirit. all those festivus carols bring a smile to my face. :)

scottcw
09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Festivus - the holiday for the rest of us.

roadie7
09-16-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm delighted that Sandy wished all a Happy New Year. The traditional Hebrew greeting is: Shana Tova.

MallyG
09-16-2004, 02:53 PM
This depresses me so much. What began as an obviously well-intentioned festive message extended to those who are both Jewish and non-Jewish appears to have been twisted by 'Meeds Help' into something altogether more sinister. Perhaps those of us who are Europeans are more sensitive, I don't know, but I see where he he is going and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. You know, I got into cycling originally because I was invited to do a week-long fund-raising ride. That was 12 years ago. I got hooked on bikes and deeper into the sport. And every year, I made sure that the centrepiece of my season was a Charity Cycling Challenge. I've raised money for Jewish Charities, I've raised money for non-Jewish Charities and I have been sponsored by both Jews and non-Jews with equal enthusiasm. I ride with a bunch of guys who could proudly raise a minyan, and yet we happily belong to a cycling club where the majority of riders are non-Jewish. The hills are as painful to us all, and when it helps, we draft together and ride as a peloton as one. And - I'm sorry NH - but today happens to be our New Year and I wish it to be a Happy, Peaceful and Healthy one for all who share a love of this beautiful sport of cycling. And when it comes to Christmas, or the Christian New Year, I will also send a message wishing all concerned Joy and Light then too.

admin
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Happy New Year!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Halloween!
This thread is closed!