PDA

View Full Version : My new Meivici is now on Order!

FungShuay
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
After a bit of tough decision making, the new Meivici is finally on order. The next 6 weeks will be tough, but from what everyone is telling me well worth the wait.

Vince, Jamie, John and Don at Racer's Edge in Boca Raton, Florida are amazing. They have to be the most responsive, concerned, honest and accommodating shop staff ever. They go that extra mile, care about the customer and make you feel like you are their only customer. Every time I enter the shop I hear "Hey uncle Fung is here". No other shop has ever treated me like that, and it is not just me....all my cycling buddies say the same things about these guys.

So now I have to decide on what gruppo to use. I have been a DA rider ever since my Nuevo Record back in the late 80's. Decisions, decisions, but I think the new Meivici will look very sweet with the Record Gruppo.

When ordering the frame, the shop gave Serotta a history of what I have been riding, what I liked and disliked and without changing my position explained what I wanted from the new frame.

I know this is a major expense, but the journey has been fun and I am sure worth the expense.

Safe Riding

Fung Man

MarleyMon
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Congratulations! New bikes are fun!

DarrenCT
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM
congrats. im sure you'll like it.

any funky paint scheme?

FungShuay
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
congrats. im sure you'll like it.

any funky paint scheme?

Thought long and hard about that one, but in the end stayed pretty basic.

Brian Smith
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
After a bit of tough decision making, the new Meivici is finally on order. The next 6 weeks will be tough, but from what everyone is telling me well worth the wait.

:beer: :beer:

T.J.
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
congrats !! :beer:

stevep
04-17-2008, 05:18 AM
tick tock tick tock... soon enough it'll be there
enjoy the bike

Tom
04-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Post pictures.

Blue Jays
04-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Uncle Fung, congratulations on what will undoubtedly be a sweet ride! :beer:

deechee
04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
i'm so jealous. can't wait for the '09 dura-ace? :banana:

Pete Serotta
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I have had one for a yesr and have really enjoyed it. Have RECORD and MAVIC ES rims.....About 3k miles on it now.

You will enjoy it. PETE

Blastinbob
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Spend the extra dough for crash insurance. It will ease the pain as your investment skids across the road with you not on it...........oh wait........that was my nightmare.

spiderman
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
that's the best followup
i've heard in awhile!
...right on with the record...
sounds picture perfect!
you should really post it
on the serotta thread
that marked the beginning
of life in the serotta community!
strong work!!!

Ahneida Ride
04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
The last few nights before delivery are very exciting .......
You'll be counting the minutes. :banana:

The weeks will go faster then you think.

You are in for a real treat my friend .... ;)

I love my Legend .... I can only imagine how the MV rides.

stevep
04-17-2008, 09:30 AM
i'm so jealous. can't wait for the '09 dura-ace? :banana:

screw it..im waiting for the 013 dura ace...
sposed to be really excellent.

FungShuay
05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Well, they tell me that the ship date for the new frameset is 5/28, just another 6 days. I am leaving tomrrow morning for the Lake Tahoe century ride and will be back on June 2.

Fun, fun..... :banana:

Bruce K
05-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Ride safe.

Please post pictures when it's done.

BK

FungShuay
05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Ride safe.

Please post pictures when it's done.

BK

Positively, no sense having a new family member and not sharing the snapshots. :D

Fung

sloji
05-22-2008, 10:41 AM
As a new Serotta owner myself I have only good things to say about the Ottrott. I can ride for hours without pain and in three weeks I think i've cut my climbing times in half on hills that tortured me just weeks ago. Having a bike that fits changes cycling, it's why I rode recumbents for years, and now that I can experience that on a "wedgie" and not have numb parts or pain it's a revelation. I love recumbents but to be able to love an upright bike is a new experience. Now I can ride and pace with the same style of equipment and explore a new community of riders much easier.

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine and it's worth the wait! Oh, I bought the crash protection...that's a no brainer!

cheers.

Charles M
05-22-2008, 11:02 AM
tick tock tick tock... soon enough it'll be there
enjoy the bike

:no:

Soon enough for anyone not named Fung.

Waiting for a new bike this time of year is like that time between your highschool girlfriend telling you her paranets are going out of town and the day they leave!