PDA

View Full Version : Ksyrium SSC SL tubular

Dekonick
09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Biketiresdirect has these on closeout for $499 a wheelset. how are they?

I have exclusively used clinchers, and usually 32 or 36 spoke rims. This deal looks pretty good, but I dont know squat about em 'cept what I hear...

anyone?

shinomaster
09-16-2004, 12:14 PM
my brother has these wheels, but seems to like his open pro's more..

steelisreal
09-17-2004, 09:45 AM
I bought a set from Bikes Tires Direct and raced on them all year. They seem to be bulletproof. They are still completely true. Several of the local masters racers I race against have these wheels and swear by them. I am using Vittoria Corsa-Evo CX tires ($50 on e-bay) and I had zero flats this year.I can notice less rolling resistance with these over clinchers. They seem fast.

Dekonick
09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Thx for the input. Seems the rest of my cycling budget just went into the tiolet as I just rescued a dog and he is gonna need all the goodies (toys, Vet visits, food, etc...)

Oh well - Ill get more wheels another time! Truckie is worth it! (My new dog - he is a true pal! Boy am I glad he isnt gonna go to the way of kcl any time soon....!

I wonder if I can get him to ride in a bike trailer! hmm.... :D

Too Tall
09-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Dek, why don't you come down to the Bobby Phillips turkey day race and bring your dog too? Pretty close for yah. Congrats on the dog. I might be racing tandem...it's hard to tell the promoter says no tandem race unless 8 show up. Errg. But I am racing single bike regardless.

Dekonick
09-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Send me a PM with the info.