PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Georgia News Flash

flux
04-15-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/apr08/apr16news

So who is going to take their place and why?

Bill Bove
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Rock Racing because if they don't getin Michael Ball will buy the race and make it bigger and better.

J.Greene
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you guys racing J?

If your already in I'm pulling for Colavita. They seem to be as strong as anyone.

JG

Waldo
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/apr08/apr16news

So who is going to take their place and why?

The conspiracy theorist in me says Michael Ball paid Saunier Duval to "get too injured" to race and to pull out, freeing up a place for Rock Racing.

swoop
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
i remember hearing that there's some history there between the organizers and the sd team... something tells me whatever this is, it started a few years ago.... as i recall sd was snubbed invite wise there a couple of years ago....
or were they left out of this years tour of cali??

i just know the drama isn't new.

flux
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think Colavita's non-invite had anything to do with them not being "strong" enough. They sure do have some impressive new foreigners this year and some of their riders have made "remarkable" improvments from last year.
I am thinking the new team will be a domestic one.

J.Greene
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I am thinking the new team will be a domestic one.

Intersting perspective. I race for/ run a regional Colavita team so I gotta pull for the home team.

JG

Bruce K
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I had the exaxt same reaction as Bill and Vlad.

It just seems like too big a coincidence that Rock sues and suddenly there's an opening due to a withdrawal.

Whether Rock bought them out or S-D was "induced" in some other way it would seem to me to be very hard for Rock not to be asked to fill the slot. IF they aren't asked it might strengthen their case and if they are, the case goes away....

Oy vay! :rolleyes:

BK

flux
04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Intersting perspective. I race for/ run a regional Colavita team so I gotta pull for the home team.

JG
Might be possible. They are located well meaning driving the cars and trailer to the event is possible given the short time span.

CSi guy
04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Rock Racing sueing to get int the TdG because of a verbal commitment is about as believeable as most of the current team suggesting they haven't used any performance enhancing techniques and then later finding out different. I am totally disgusted with team Rock Bottom and look at them as the Oakland Raiders of cycling. I hope they have daily testing on all their riders if they do get in and ride around GA. Do you think testing the owner would be needed also?

swoop
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
is symmetrics going? i should look at the start list.

i got five bucks this is a coincidence of timing and not a rock thing.

maunahaole
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Letting RR into ToG at this point, even with an opening would be a huge mistake. It would reward them for their litigious style and would only encourage them to act the same way in the future. What's next? Suing because they dont like the official timing, the placement of their team car or their tent? If the promoters don't want the RR side show, they should not have it.

johnnymossville
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Letting RR into ToG at this point, even with an opening would be a huge mistake. It would reward them for their litigious style and would only encourage them to act the same way in the future. What's next? Suing because they dont like the official timing, the placement of their team car or their tent? If the promoters don't want the RR side show, they should not have it.

While I do wish RR was in the race, I agree with you that if the organizers don't want them in, they should have their way. It's their sandbox. Now if there was some sort of agreement, somewhere, then maybe RR has a point.

Big Daddy
04-15-2008, 02:58 PM
S-D pulling out is legit...

I STILL WANT IN!

92degrees
04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
S-D pulling out is legit...

I STILL WANT IN!

yawn

swoop
04-15-2008, 03:14 PM
oh man... rock is in.

hello botero.

Fixed
04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
good deal
cheers

girlie
04-15-2008, 03:25 PM
They should be in the race....if they cause problems while there - kick them out or give them fees.
This whole invitational thing doesn't make sense if they are not going to invite the top teams. Rocks roster speaks for itself....like them or not.

Elefantino
04-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Does this mean the Rock & Republic girls will now be on the podium?

I hope not. They were quite (rhymes with "spanky") at ToC.

But at least we get a chance to see those bad-ass Caddy CTS support vehicles. Station wagons and vans are so five minutes ago.

Big Daddy
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Does this mean the Rock & Republic girls will now be on the podium?

I hope not. They were quite (rhymes with "spanky") at ToC.

But at least we get a chance to see those bad-ass Caddy CTS support vehicles. Station wagons and vans are so five minutes ago.

the girls were on the podium last year at TdG...primin' the pump. The Tinkoff boys really enjoyed them the night before the 1st stage

flux
04-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Rock Racing sueing to get int the TdG because of a verbal commitment is about as believeable as most of the current team suggesting they haven't used any performance enhancing techniques and then later finding out different. I am totally disgusted with team Rock Bottom and look at them as the Oakland Raiders of cycling. I hope they have daily testing on all their riders if they do get in and ride around GA. Do you think testing the owner would be needed also?

It's not the testing at the event that matters, it's the out of competition testing 3 weeks before the event that is important.

Elefantino
04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I am totally disgusted with team Rock Bottom and look at them as the Oakland Raiders of cycling.
That is a good thing.

girlie
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
(rhymes with "spanky")

Elefantino.....maybe there is a reason Skanky rhymes with Spanky ;) :p

Elefantino
04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes. Of course. Anyone who wears these on their backside deserves a good throttling.

http://www.yougotsole.com/images/mrnrj05.jpg

torquer
04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by CSi guy
I am totally disgusted with team Rock Bottom and look at them as the Oakland Raiders of cycling.

That is a good thing.

Just ask Lyle Alzado.