PDA

View Full Version : Free bike catalogs: drawing 4/16 pm

Frank
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Finally was able to start a thread in general Discussion this afternoon, so the time for entry has been extended.

I am cleaning out more bike stuff. I have the following bike catalogs/info/brochures that I will send as one lot to someone (must be in the CONUS). What a cool trip down memory lane! I remember sitting and just looking at these catalogs and brochures and magazines over and over:

I don't want to penalize the folks who are actually out riding bikes ;) so if you are interested just reply to the thread. My 12 year old daughter will randomly pick the winner at 9 pm Oklahoma time Wednesday, April 16. I am even paying the shipping charge.

ZAR Intl (importer of Guerciotti, Ciocc, DeBernardi, Coppi) catalogs

Schwinn Paramount 2000 brochure

Independent Fabrication (IF) catalogs

DuPont Imron paint color sample catalog

Several Bicycle Guide and Bicyclist magazines from 1996-1998 (includes the August 1998 copy of bicyclist with hottubes article on Joe Bell showing a bright red Richard Sachs frameset)

Copy of Bicycle Guide Ultimate Steel Shootout article where they build seven Mondonicos with identical components but different steel tubesets and see if the bike riders can tell the difference in frame materials in a blind test.

Any other bike magazine/book/brochure stuff I find to put in the package.

Thanks,

Frank

Dave B
04-14-2008, 12:08 PM
I just want the IF ones so whomever wins and if you don't want them think of me. Please.

dave thompson
04-14-2008, 12:23 PM
You're too good Frank. I'll bet that you occasionally even build up a bike! :D

If I'm lucky stiff that gets these, I will be glad to redistribute the stuff that other folks may want.

MilanoTom
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Count me in as well. I can also redistribute what I don't want/need (IF and, on the other thread, Imron).

Regards and thanks.
Tom

michael white
04-14-2008, 09:48 PM
please put me in too.

whitecda
04-14-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll take a shot! Thanks!

Don

toaster
04-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Pick me!

Pick meeeee!

Louis
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Copy of Bicycle Guide Ultimate Steel Shootout article where they build seven Mondonicos with identical components but different steel tubesets and see if the bike riders can tell the difference in frame materials in a blind test.

Hey Frank,

I know you've already packed all this stuff up, but can you give up the 10 second synopsis of their conclusions? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks
Louis

Frank
04-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey Frank,

I know you've already packed all this stuff up, but can you give up the 10 second synopsis of their conclusions? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks
Louis

Louis,

The writer rode 7 different types of lugged steel bikes made of Columbus Aelle, Cromor, Thron, Brain, SLX, Neuron, and EL-OS tubing. Same Sachs components on all bikes, all painted the same color, built up by the same mechanic.

He liked the Neuron tubed bike the best and thought it the stiffest. He thought SLX was the softest. He thought Thron absorbed the vibration best. He could tell no difference in the other 4 frames.

He said he believed if he did the riding all over again he might come up with different results.

ecl2k
04-15-2008, 08:34 AM
donate them to http://www.retrobike.co.uk/ to be scanned and shared by everybody

Keith A
04-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Frank -- Please throw my name in the hat too.

Frank
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Catalogs drawing is Wednesday, April 16, 9 pm

Frank
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Drawing at 9pm Oklahoma time tonight

Frank
04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Entries are closed. Drawing to take place in a few minutes.

Frank
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
from the upper west coast dave thompson.

Congratulations, Dave.

Get me your mailing address and the packed and ready to go catalogs will go in the mail tomorrow morning.

Thanks to all who played!

Frank