PDA

View Full Version : silver handlebars?

tch
09-14-2004, 11:10 AM
I am building up a Ramboulliet and am going silver with everything, not industrial black as so many components are colored. My question: where can I get a variety of silver handlebars? I have gone to Rivendell itself, but I don't want a Noodle (I can't STAND the way the bar comes back at me) nor do I want a deep drop bar. This is all Riv offers now. I like the Ritchey WCS OK, but it only comes in black, as does my favorite Specialized bar that I have on my Concours. I am looking for a short drop, short reach bar with a flat ramp forward to the brakes -- in silver. Ideas?

BumbleBeeDave
09-14-2004, 11:19 AM
SUPER dbrk!

Where is that masked superhero zen yoga guy when we need him? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BBDave

Spinner
09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
is your rambouillet blue or orange? i have an orange one and outfitted it with dark colors, including open pro cds and berthoud carbon fenders. sweet. my buddie has a new blue one with all silver components and it looks sensational.

hope you enjoy your rambo as much as i do mine. :D

ciao!

davep
09-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Although Ritchey only list their bars in black, I found a silver WCS on E-Bay for a ridiculously cheap price, I think it was $20 plus shipping. Don't know if it was NOS, but it was just what I was looking for.

dbrk
09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
If you need the narrow widths (my own inexplicable preference) then your choices narrow commensurately. But there are just so many NOS silver bars out there that they are not too hard to find. Jitensha and Harris may have the "dream" Nitto or others and there are usually plenty of TTT and Cinelli on eBay. My favorite non-Nitto bar is the TTT Morphe which SJS usually has: flat top, square sides, and groove for those pesky aero cables.

dbrk
noodle me, dream me, but don't blacken my silver trimmed bike...

M_A_Martin
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Salsa Poco

Still available in silver I believe?

keno
09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I recently put on my Spectrum are more like an aluminum look, but they aren't black and coordinate well with an otherwise silver look.

keno

BumpyintheBurgh
09-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Bought the Ritchey Biomax in silver on ebay recently. Drop 130, reach 75, with 3 degree flare and 6 degree sweep. Most comfortable bars I've had for riding in the drops. Check eBay, they have a silver Ritchey Logic Comp bar and a TTT Curva Ergo in silver currently on auction.
Go to sporting goods-cycling-road bike & parts-parts & accessories-handlebars. Then type in silver and check the box 'search title & description' if you want to see all silver handlebars for auction or type in Ritchey or TTT for those specific bars.

jerk
09-14-2004, 04:09 PM
get a cinelli 65.

jerk

IXXI
09-14-2004, 05:28 PM
...available in silver:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/common/products/productdisplay2_v2.cfm?PRRFNBR=14869&CGRFNBR=593&CRPCGNBR=593&CI=1,225,485,593&TextMode=0

Big Dan
09-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Speedgoat.com shows the Nitto Classic in Silver for $27... :cool:

eddief
09-14-2004, 08:57 PM
had Titec Malone bars in silver a while back. I just checked and he has silver in 42 and 46, but the price is way up there...$12.50.