PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming about gruppos again

Mud
04-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I need some feedback. This thread is not meant to start another Campy vs Shimano "discussion" since I have already made up my mind.

I used Campy up thru 2005 when I got my Legend. I decided to go with Dura Ace since I do sell bikes and most come equipped with Shimano rather than Campy. After 2 1/2 years I have decided that I really like the Campy better.

But now along comes the SRAM Red which is interesting. My wheels sets are Shimano so no change is necessary but I can change the free hub and have extra cassettes since my wife rides Record so the cost between the changeover to a different shifting system is fairly even.

I have tried the SRAM system and I could get used to it in a hurry but wonder about the durability issue. I had used SRAM's mountain stuff for years and their XO derailleur is the best along with their grip shifts-love 'em. No issues at all.

But the road stuff is relatively new but I have a feeling that some have been using it longer than it has been generally available. I would like some feedback especially as to whether the quality of the shifting remains constant. (I never liked Ultegra because it seemed hardest of all the groups to keep tuned).

Again, I am not asking for opinions, just experience with the SRAM. It was a great day to ride in NJ. :banana:

Many thanx

Kane
04-13-2008, 02:58 AM
because they don't have a triple. I like the fact that Campy will still run nine speed. I think nine speed is a superior system due to chain durability. Nine speed stuff is also cheaper.

If I lived in Sacramento I would ride a compact double, but in Marin I need a triple to manage my knee issues.

Cheers,

Kane