PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting DA 9 brake toe-in

Onno
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Does anybody know how to adjust DA9 brake toe-in? My front brake shudders on my aeroish wheel, and I can see that the shoes are perfectly parallel to the wheel. Presumably the front brakes need to pinch in at the back. I'd thought there would be some kind of convex washer, but I don't see those on the brake shoes.

Thanks,
Onno

Der_Kruscher
04-12-2008, 10:32 AM
To my knowledge you can't adjust toe in on any Shimano brakes previous to the 10 speed stuff. You should be able to buy some shoes with orbital adjustability to put on your brakeset though which would solve the problem. If you don't want to buy Campy, I know that I've bought shoes by Jagwire or some other such brand that allowed me to adjust my brakes properly.

dirtdigger88
04-12-2008, 10:35 AM
have you tried cleaning your rim's brake surface?

try lightly sanding them too-

are your pads worn out? are they glazed over?

are your brakes adjusted correctly?

I have never felt the need to adjust "toe" on DA brakes-

have you tried other rims- do you have the same issue - or is it just with those rims?

Jason

Onno
04-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. This shuddering only happens when I put on my aero wheels, which are a few mm narrower than the open pros I normally use. the shuddering on the front brake is very noticeable and irritating, and makes hard braking seem insecure. I've replaced the pads, cleaned the rims, etc., with no effect, so toe-in seemed the last possibility. If that doesn't fix it, I'll sell the wheels!

Onno