PDA

View Full Version : tubular tire repair?

jimcav
04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
anyone use or recommend tire alert? or another source to fix flatted tubulars. i'm transitioning to tubular as winter (yeah, still feels liek it, excpet finally today). i have to corsa cx one cut, one with a leak at the valve/tube junction. 2 things for bikes i can't do: how to true wheels, or repair tubulars, and i won't have the time to learn until much later this year.

appreciate any leads on a place/person to send them

thanks
jim

Z3c
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
I have used Tire Alert; nothing but good to say but it has been a few years..

Scott

jimcav
04-11-2008, 04:27 PM
I have used Tire Alert; nothing but good to say but it has been a few years..

Scott
appreciate you taking the time to reply
jim

profkrispy
04-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I used Tire Alert recently. Service was prompt and very good.

Too Tall
04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Jim., just buy new tyres you cheap bastid ;) hehe kidding.

I use tire alert when the tyres are second stringers and I'm too lazy to do the deed. A slick trick is to have them install light tubes into sprinters...make them ride pretty freakin. nice for an inexpensive tubular.

PoppaWheelie
04-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Had good service (fast) from them/him. Been a few years tho'

jimcav
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Jim., just buy new tyres you cheap bastid ;) hehe kidding.

I use tire alert when the tyres are second stringers and I'm too lazy to do the deed. A slick trick is to have them install light tubes into sprinters...make them ride pretty freakin. nice for an inexpensive tubular.

sadly both tires are new--one got 200 yds, the other came off a wheelset i sold (and i think when i pulled it off maybe i somehow tweaked the valve attachment--or when i tried to re-instll and inflate it.

will pitstop work with either type of tube?
thanks
jim

fogrider
04-12-2008, 02:28 AM
tire alert is great if your tire is a high performance tire with lots of life left. the option for the lightweight inner tube is worth it...without this option you get an inner tube without an innerchangeable core.

jimcav
04-12-2008, 08:35 AM
tire alert is great if your tire is a high performance tire with lots of life left. the option for the lightweight inner tube is worth it...without this option you get an inner tube without an innerchangeable core.

thanks
jim