PDA

View Full Version : the question was asked:"why do they hate us?"

oracle
09-13-2004, 07:02 PM
osama bin laden's letter to america (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/worldview/story/0,11581,845725,00.html)

oracle

Bill Bove
09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Sorry Osama, you didn't convince me.

weisan
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Remember this: Even Satan can quote the bible.

God being almighty, can make us do whatever He wants us to, no need Bin Laden's help. But God didn't do that. Why?

I betcha Bin Laden doesn't know the answer to that. :D

gasman
09-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Blah,blah ,blah, from a man who rightly speaks of atrocities in Palestine yet, as far as I know, has only been there in passing. Sort of like saying we are going into Iraq to get Osamma. All politicians lie, just to a greater or lesser extent.
We are fortunate and blessed to live in such a wonderful country in spite of its' problems.

Dekonick
09-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Aye - we live in a paradise. I love my country. Long live the USA!

Now... I must confess I ride one of those Italian bikes... you know - a Serotta......(J/K Ben)

froze
09-14-2004, 01:56 AM
He's just a rambling dangerious imbecile akin to Hitler. He, and fellow muslems of the Islamic faith hate us because we support Israel. But the old boy is confused about the relationship with Moses; if Moses was as good as Osama and the muslim faith says then why do they not accept the Jewish people when Moses is the one that led the children of Israel out of Egypt? Moses should be an enemy of Islaam because of that "evil" deed he did to save them. And the Jewish people are not special people, God chose them to be a light onto the world so the world would seek them out to know God, but God also knew the Jewish people are a stiffed necked people and have failure and faults like the rest of us in this world; but also out of these people will come Jesus. Jesus line comes out of Seth through to Noah, to Shem and to Abraham (another person Islaams hold in high regard-hmm), Issac to Jacob then to Judah from which Jesus comes out of. What the Muslem world doesn't realize is that the Jewish people are their KIN! And in Numbers chapter 34 to 36 and especially 34 defines in unmistakable terms the extent of the land that God gave to Israel, and God gave it to them for an eternal possession-regardless of who claims it today it belongs to Israel.

Andreu
09-14-2004, 04:09 AM
I am not going to get dragged into this (too much) as I still want to visit the USA someday and remain alive (and this forum is largely cycle based and we are off theme). Suffice to say....welcome to the club...in Europe people have been hating each other and trying to blow each other up for quite a long time. I think it may have been quite a shock to dyed in the wool patriotic (probably generally right of centre?) Americans, that there are people in the universe who disagree with them, donīt like them, or worse, want to kill them.
Based on illogical argument, sentiment, politics, religion and a small dose of misuse-of-facts I think we can just about justify any act of terrorism (state or non-state).
But no amount of explanation (US, Iraq, Bin Laden, Blair, Aznar etc etc) can make me understand what happened Sept 11, the response to 11 Sept, or what happened in the school in Russia the other day.

If you read a novel containing the stuff that goes on in this world you would not believe it!
A

Too Tall
09-14-2004, 05:48 AM
My opinion? Let's stick to bikes and such. K?

OldDog
09-14-2004, 06:57 AM
I think Osama and his boys need to refocus...anyone have his email so as we can send him a link to this site. A few rides on a custom Ottrott should get his mind off of killing anyone who disagrees with him. Maybe Mr. Kerry, who looks to be about Osma's size, can take a few of his rides over and discuss the issues while climbing some of them Afgan hills? :D

Kevin
09-14-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm with Too Tall, anybody have a godd saddle to recommend?

Kevin

Bruce K
09-14-2004, 07:17 AM
It's cross season. Let's talk about mud, bruises, and blood. At least that's what happens when I do it!. :crap:

BK

keno
09-14-2004, 07:22 AM
HELP!

csb
09-14-2004, 07:55 AM
hey lets play word games with the letters that spell serotta

admin
09-14-2004, 08:01 AM
we don't follow the Serotta forum rules!

No more, let this thread die please.

-Alyson

BumbleBeeDave
09-14-2004, 09:25 AM
. . . and my dear lady, please accept my heartfelt apologies for ever asking the question in the first place. A moment of extreme introspective weakness ruins the atmosphere yet again . . . :o :( :o :(

BBDave--shamefaced again

froze
09-14-2004, 12:01 PM
But no amount of explanation (US, Iraq, Bin Laden, Blair, Aznar etc etc) can make me understand what happened Sept 11, the response to 11 Sept, or what happened in the school in Russia the other day.

Your absolutely correct Andreu. This world is insane, and not just them but us too. Violence seems to be the way of the world, when a person can't even drive down a street in his own country in his own town without some degree of violence being displayed-that's insanity! Sorry guys and gals but that's how I feel about it. We have this sandbox mentality that is developed in us at an early age, only thing that changes when we get older is we go from shoving a child out of the box to shooting or blowing up the adult out of world-we never outgrow the sandbox mentality just our means of revenge gets deadlier.

So ok, we can't change this insanity, but at least during world war 2 the Japanese when they attacked Pearl Harbor went after the military and not the civilians (only 12 civilians died in that attack); in my mind that's fair! You attack the military of the country your attacking and if that military can't respond then too bad, and if it can then be prepared to deal with the consequences. That's why I could never had agreed with the US dropping 2 atomic bombs on Japan because that was indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians; now had we dropped those on a naval fleet or a military compound or shipyard then OK-strange as that may sound to you all. But to attack innocent people that are not in the military is just pure and simple sick insanity no matter how a person tries to logically explain it. When the terrorist in Yemen attacked the USS Cole damaging it and killing 6 sailors, I call that fair because they did a military strike against a military target and the US should have taken action to prevent it and needed to take action against it. But that is what a military of a country is for-to defend and to go on the offensive against other forces.

Ok, I'll leave now before you all think I'm insane...maybe we all are and just don't realize it.

BumbleBeeDave
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Guess it's time to lock the thread! Again, sorry for asking the question in the first place!

BBDave