PDA

View Full Version : Bedford custom,,,

Pete Serotta
04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
a Bedford Custom almost ready for paint.....Is it SPOKES, SMILEY, PETE's Mike's, TOm's????? We are not telling.....

fiamme red
04-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Should be a sticky atmo. :beer:

shinomaster
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
What do the decals look like?

dirtdigger88
04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
30%

Jason

swoop
04-11-2008, 02:30 PM
"no serotta sales were injured in the making of this bike" on the drive side chain stay.

14max
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Pete Serotta
04-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Pete - Curious about the lugs. Are they carved or off the rack? Who made 'em and what are they?

There is some hard carving there....... Kelly was the maker/creator of the SEROTTA TDF lugs, and thus has plenty of experience in this area. I have seen the draft of the decals and hopefully will be able to post some soon.

mgm777
04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
"no serotta sales were injured in the making of this bike" on the drive side chain stay.

Swoop - check your PMs..

14max
04-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Ahneida Ride
04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
That's my bike ..... Believe that ???? ;)

jthurow
04-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Pete - Curious about the lugs. Are they carved or off the rack? Who made 'em and what are they?The head tube lug look very close to the Pacenti's Paramount lugs (http://www.bikelugs.com/productimages/PARAMOUNT%20LUGS.JPG).

jimi

Javaman
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
How long is the wait for one of Kelly's frames? Can't wait for pics of the finished frame! :beer:

Smiley
04-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Pete - Curious about the lugs. Are they carved or off the rack? Who made 'em and what are they?
I can answer that one for Pete, Kelly told me these were old Paramount lugs that he liked and re-shaped a tad. BTW this AIN'T my bike, no lugs for me, I went with Fillet brazing. Hey Pete guess who's tubes these are ;)

Pete's bike BTW if your not in the know by now.

Smiley
04-11-2008, 05:06 PM
What do the decals look like?
I just selected my decal colors and I must admit the decals are WAY Kool, u would approve as an artist.

Smiley
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
How long is the wait for one of Kelly's frames? Can't wait for pics of the finished frame! :beer:
Less then 1 year is my guess, once Pete's bike hits the web and mine will follow I bet deposits will roll on in. Jump onboard JavaMan the waters warm :)

J.Greene
04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
looks nice

14max
04-11-2008, 05:37 PM

H.Frank Beshear
04-11-2008, 05:41 PM
It's a very well done frame, it will be nice to see it built up. I question the stickie in the general discussion however. This is a custom frame from a private builder and as such should at the very least be in the custom gallery. I realize Kelly is a Serotta employee and all but the name on the down tube isn't Ben's nor is it a Csi. Uhmm, it has a hint of favoritism atmo. Of course he is an emplyee/friend of Bens.

Javaman
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Less then 1 year is my guess, once Pete's bike hits the web and mine will follow I bet deposits will roll on in. Jump onboard JavaMan the waters warm :)

Smiley,
I was able to get in touch with Kelly and looks like I'll be joining in. :banana:
Thanks for the info btw!
Regards!

Too Tall
04-11-2008, 07:24 PM
It's a very well done frame, it will be nice to see it built up. I question the stickie in the general discussion however. This is a custom frame from a private builder and as such should at the very least be in the custom gallery. I realize Kelly is a Serotta employee and all but the name on the down tube isn't Ben's nor is it a Csi. Uhmm, it has a hint of favoritism atmo. Of course he is an emplyee/friend of Bens.

That's no framebuilder, he's a Rock Star. The sheriff has stars in his eyes ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwYb8WOkb0

DarrenCT
04-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Less then 1 year is my guess, once Pete's bike hits the web and mine will follow I bet deposits will roll on in.

does the 30% rule apply for this?

Smiley
04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Frank, If you have not noticed yet we are in the TANK for K Bedford. Yes its not fair but we get to pimp him till he reaches a 5 year wait list. I think its the founding members who have orders goal to get him up to five years within his first year in business. It pays to have friends in high places. :)

dirtdigger88
04-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes its not fair but we get to pimp him till he reaches a 5 year wait list. I think its the founding members who have orders goal to get him up to five years within his first year in business. It pays to have friends in high places. :)

then I dont want to hear any BS about 30% again from the top

Jason

DarrenCT
04-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Frank, If you have not noticed yet we are in the TANK for K Bedford. Yes its not fair but we get to pimp him till he reaches a 5 year wait list. I think its the founding members who have orders goal to get him up to five years within his first year in business. It pays to have friends in high places. :)

will kelly have a zen thread or appear on the forum?

aLexis
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
then I dont want to hear any BS about 30% again from the top

Jason

:rolleyes:

H.Frank Beshear
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM

I'm in the founding members group Captain, been here about as long as you. For me it's all about the name on the down tube and this one ain't Serotta, and that is not right in my opinion. I'm as guilty as anyone here who's bought a new frame from one of the builders who frequent the forum but I'm quite sure that if I posted pictures of my latest frameset in the gen dis section they would have been moved or deleted. For the record in case I haven't made it clear, it is not the sticky or the pictures that I am complaining about it's the location. The name on the down tube is not Serotta it's Bedford and that makes it a custom frame from a custom builder and it should be in the custom frame gallery. My opinion for what it's worth. enjoy the day Frank

Pete Serotta
04-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Frank brings up some valid points.... I have not been focused on where folks have posted stuff (me included). AS far as I recall (yeah memory is not the best) I have not been heavy handed on where something has been posted-

Frame has no decals on it BUT Frank is still correct - would I have "stuck" the thread if it was not KELLY - - probably not. (additionally I am one of the few who can "stick" threads.)

YES I AM BIASED TO KELLY Bedford BUT I NEED TO PLAY" FAIR" and thus please accept my apology for not doing so. Thread will be unstuck.

Pete

I'm in the founding members group Captain, been here about as long as you. For me it's all about the name on the down tube and this one ain't Serotta, and that is not right in my opinion. I'm as guilty as anyone here who's bought a new frame from one of the builders who frequent the forum but I'm quite sure that if I posted pictures of my latest frameset in the gen dis section they would have been moved or deleted. For the record in case I haven't made it clear, it is not the sticky or the pictures that I am complaining about it's the location. The name on the down tube is not Serotta it's Bedford and that makes it a custom frame from a custom builder and it should be in the custom frame gallery. My opinion for what it's worth. enjoy the day Frank

Pete Serotta
04-12-2008, 03:17 PM
wonderful red today :beer:

H.Frank Beshear
04-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Pete sticky it in the custom frames and keep us updated on the progress. It's like real estate, location, location, location. :cool: :D

I also didn't mean to imply that you were responsible for prior moderators actions either and apologize if I made sound like it. :beer:

Javaman
04-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Why is this takin' so long?! :D Sorry, can't help it. The suspense is just killing me!
Cheers yo!

Ray
04-18-2008, 05:00 AM
a Bedford Custom almost ready for paint.....
Purty lugs Pete. But might I suggest that chainstays be added before paint. Or is this gonna have some sort of newfangled carbon stays? I personally hope not - offends my highly refined sense of style to combine carbon with lugged steel. But whatever floats yer boat!

Enjoy, regardless.

-Ray

Ahneida Ride
04-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Kelly is only building a limited number per year ...

DarrenCT
04-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Kelly is only building a limited number per year ...

sounds reasonable for a 1 man showmo