PDA

View Full Version : Help with Posting Please

Sandy
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
I tried to start a new thread. When I tried to post it, about 20 minutes ago, I was given an error message saying something about memory size but it was not a long post. I tried to post it again and got a message that I can't post the same message twice in a five minute time frame, but it was never posted. I wonder if I can post this now. What can I do to post the other thread, please?

Sandy

Sandy
04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I could post the above message and can probably post this message, but still cannot post the other message. I give up for today.

Please see my post #13 below.

Sandy

sock puppet
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Can King post it?

paczki
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Can King post it?

I'm so glad to see you back sock puppet! :banana:

sock puppet
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm so glad to see you back sock puppet! :banana:

Thanks. It's good to be back. I was out researching a coffee-table type book on socks across the world. All the proceeds will go to socks that have been brutalized by being tied up in knots and given to dogs.

Louis
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
SP, do you have a twin, or have you always been an only-sock?

I would think that either way, it must be quite traumatic - either to have been torn from your sibling while still in your tender years, and forced to perform for screaming children who did not appreciate your talent, or, to always have been an only-sock, when nearly all other socks have a sibling for life.

Please tell us more about yourself.

Louis

paczki
04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Yes please tell us more! What are your hopes and dreams?

King
04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Can King post it?

Of course I could post it. Dogs have many talents. Trouble is, I got hungry and ate it! Please don't tell my daddy! :rolleyes: :)

King

Sandy
04-10-2008, 12:13 AM
A Serotta forumite goes to his sock drawer late at night with the lights off and starts taking socks out of the drawer. He has blue socks and red socks in the drawer. What is the minimum number of socks that is necessary to take out of the drawer to guarantee a pair of matching socks?

Sock Sandy

H.Frank Beshear
04-10-2008, 12:19 AM
A Serotta forumite goes to his sock drawer late at night with the lights off and starts taking socks out of the drawer. He has blue socks and red socks in the drawer. What is the minimum number of socks that is necessary to take out of the drawer to guarantee a pair of matching socks?

Sock Sandy

Hmm... I think the answer may lie here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGTUFqPJo4) :D

Sandy
04-10-2008, 12:25 AM
You smart!
You smart!
You smart!

Smart Sock Sandy

Sandy
04-10-2008, 12:27 AM

I would think that either way, it must be quite traumatic - either to have been torn from your sibling while still in your tender years, and forced to perform for screaming children who did not appreciate your talent, or, to always have been an only-sock, when nearly all other socks have a sibling for life.

Louis

I have an identical twin....if sock puppet does not.

Sandy

Sandy
04-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I tried again today to send the same message today as I tried yesterday but received the same error message. The post is 17 lines, not especially long. Why can't I post it today either, please? I am confident that this post will work.

Sandy

William
04-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Don't try to post lists and you'll be just fine. :)

William

Too Tall
04-10-2008, 06:51 AM
I tried again today to send the same message today as I tried yesterday but received the same error message. The post is 17 lines, not especially long. Why can't I post it today either, please? I am confident that this post will be work.

King

I tried again today to send the same message today as I tried yesterday but received the same error message. The post is 17 lines, not especially long. Why can't I post it today either, please? I am confident that this post will be work.

Queen

Jack

Ace

Sandy
04-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I guess that I must be posting as the Joker! :) Just tried to do it differently and it still didn't work. I give up. I think that my thread was interesting, and it was even all bike specific and all Serotta bike specific.

Sandy

FMS_rider
04-10-2008, 07:04 AM
I tried again today to send the same message today as I tried yesterday but received the same error message. The post is 17 lines, not especially long. Why can't I post it today either, please? I am confident that this post will be work. SandyI have not been able to figure out what triggers the initial error message (but will try William's suggestion next time), but changing the title will enable you to re-post without getting the even-more-frustrating 2nd error message about posting the same message twice.

Lew

Tom
04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
i had that error message yesterday and the post just plain disappeared. i was just babbling on about riding before work and how great it is so i didn't bother trying again

Sandy
04-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I have not been able to figure out what triggers the initial error message (but will try William's suggestion next time), but changing the title will enable you to re-post without getting the even-more-frustrating 2nd error message about posting the same message twice.

Lew

Thanks. I changed the title- Eliminated one word, but the sequence of messages was the same. Not worth it to me anymore. I am finished trying for a while.

Sandy

Sandy
04-10-2008, 07:22 AM
i had that error message yesterday and the post just plain disappeared. i was just babbling on about riding before work and how great it is so i didn't bother trying again

Same thing happened to me initially but I clicked on "back" a couple of times and it reappeared. Frustrating. I wrote the basic same post all over again today and had the same results.

Must be because I had 17 lines. Maybe I will post half of it if possible and then edit the rest.

Sandy

William
04-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Same thing happened to me initially but I clicked on "back" a couple of times and it reappeared. Frustrating. I wrote the basic same post all over again today and had the same results.

Sandy

Generally, if I'm going to post something that is more than a couple of sentances long, I'll copy it before I hit the submit button just in case. That way I don't have to re-write if something goes afoul. I just paste it in when I try again.

William

Sandy
04-10-2008, 07:36 AM
I did that today after it wouldn't work. So now I have typed the same post 3 times. I decided to try to post it with fewer words. I cut down the post by approximate half. Still would not work. Then I kept cutting it down more. Would not post. Woldn't even post with the single word "Serotta" as the entire message. Clearly, once it posts the error message, you are doomed. At least I was.

Thanks for the suggestion. It all makes me not want to even try posting it again. I would do better getting in a fight with my dog. I have at least a tiny chance to win there. :) Actually he has developed the last couple of days the tendency to maneuver around the chair that I am sitting on now, climb one leg at a time up on me with his face directly in front of mine, rear legs on the ground, and look straight at me and just start to lick and lick. Way of telling me that it is time to pay attention to him and take him out or just give him some affection. I think that most people think that dogs lick you because they love/like you. I think there are lots of reasons dogs lick people.

Sandy

Kevan
04-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I guess that I must be posting as the Joker! :) Just tried to do it differently and it still didn't work. I give up. I think that my thread was interesting, and it was even all bike specific and all Serotta bike specific.

Sandy

my guess is this website went into shock, that you were straying from your norm, Norm.

Just me being a pain in the asterisk.

AgilisMerlin
04-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Can King post it?

yeah, consult with King............... :D

Sandy
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
my guess is this website went into shock, that you were straying from your norm, Norm.

Just me being a pain in the asterisk.

You are probably correct. Content shock. Keep it up and I will start a tuna sandwich thread again. That would probably ban me and maybe you too for just knowing me.

Sandy

This dozen a day petunias that you are sending me....is that a subtle way of telling me you want to get back to gether again????? :) :)

Kevan
04-10-2008, 08:01 AM
This dozen a day petunias that you are sending me....is that a subtle way of telling me you want to get back to gether again????? :) :)

Damn florist! They can't seem to get my order right. I called for ivy. Poison ivy.

Sandy
04-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Damn florist! They can't seem to get my order right. I called for ivy. Poison ivy.

We must use the same florist. Didn't get my order right either. I called to send beautiful Venus to you. Venus Flytrap.

Sandy

King
04-10-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah, consult with King............... :D

He consulted with me. I decded to eat his keyboard to stop him from trying over and over. For some reason he is angry with me. :rolleyes:

King

sock puppet
04-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Louis

Louis:

I don't like to talk about this, but you seem polite, and honest, so here goes:
My younger brother was a tube, like myself. We grew up in a large pack, a budget plastic 10 pair from Walmart. After the litter was distributed, we were together, and like twins. He was my right hand sock. We were together until our feet went to play ultimate frisbee in the park. It was a warm day, and my feet went without shoes, and.. I'm sorry.
There. Ahem..
Well, my brother, in the middle of a leap, came down and skidded arch down in a steaming pile of dog guano. He was instantly ripped from his foot, and balled up, and placed in the trash can. I never saw him again.

That day was very confusing.

I was lost in the dryer for eight years, but that's another story.

Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you don't think to ill of me for it.

gasman
04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Louis:

I don't like to talk about this, but you seem polite, and honest, so here goes:
My younger brother was a tube, like myself. We grew up in a large pack, a budget plastic 10 pair from Walmart. After the litter was distributed, we were together, and like twins. He was my right hand sock. We were together until our feet went to play ultimate frisbee in the park. It was a warm day, and my feet went without shoes, and.. I'm sorry.
There.Ahem..
Well, my brother, in the middle of a leap, came down and skidded arch down in a steaming pile of dog guano. He was instantly ripped from his foot, and balled up, and placed in the trash can. I never saw him again.

That day was very confusing.

I was lost in the dryer for eight years, but that's another story.

Thanks for letting me share, and I hope you don't think to ill of me for it.

Where is Swoop to complain about socks posting ? ;)

I thought dogs were in good nature fun but socks put a smile on my face also.

Thanks sock puppet.

Thanks King

King
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Where is Swoop to complain about socks posting ? ;)

I thought dogs were in good nature fun but socks put a smile on my face also.

Thanks sock puppet.

Thanks King

I just ate whole one of my daddy's socks- a Serotta bicycle one. I guess my post is from both at the same time. :rolleyes:

What will happen to Swoop, emotionally, if he finds out that a sock and a dog posted simultaneously? Probably have to make an appointment with himself for therapy. :)

King On The Outside And Sock On The Inside

gasman
04-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I just ate whole one of my daddy's socks- a Serotta bicycle one. I guess my post is from both at the same time. :rolleyes:

King On The Outside And Sock On The Inside

Dear King-
a little hydrogen peroxide will help bring back that wonderful sock.

It is true-we have had to use it on our labs. They just looked at us then barfed.

You will then no longer be sock on the inside.

gas

RPS
04-11-2008, 10:55 AM
King apprehended in Houston after being duped into back seat of cruiser by officer with tasty taco.

Anybody missing a hungry Pit answering to the name of King? ;)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5689919.html

Pete Serotta
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
King says try again.....Refreshed your ID and lets see if this works.. YOU even now show as zero posts..... :D

e-RICHIE
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
YOU even now show as zero posts..... :D
puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze do the same for me atmo.

jsfoster
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM

Sock Sandy

I would think that no red sox fan would have blue sox in his/her drawer.

Jon

Frank
04-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Got this when I tried to start a new thread today:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/www/serotta/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

Frank
04-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/www/serotta/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

Frank
04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
At least it is a different line number :rolleyes:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/www/serotta/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 220

Frank
04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I tried to start a new thread. When I tried to post it, about 20 minutes ago, I was given an error message saying something about memory size but it was not a long post. I tried to post it again and got a message that I can't post the same message twice in a five minute time frame, but it was never posted. I wonder if I can post this now. What can I do to post the other thread, please? Sandy

I have received an error all day while trying to post some free stuff to the Serotta Forum:

This has been a problem for a year or two with folks trying to post.

coylifut
04-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I tried to post a classified today - same thing as Frank and Sandy.

Frank
04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Still can't post the free stuff as a new thread with header:

Sandy
04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I am receiving the identical message, but with the numbers changing sometimes. I appreciate very much the posts you addded to the thread.

I have tried under Sandy and also under King. Same messages. I am unable to start any threads whatsoever now.

Sandy

Sandy
04-12-2008, 10:39 PM
King apprehended in Houston after being duped into back seat of cruiser by officer with tasty taco.

Anybody missing a hungry Pit answering to the name of King? ;)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5689919.html

Very interesting story. Once again a pit bull out loose. Very bad. What is good is that the police officer, probably experienced with dogs, did not shoot the dog but used his dog sense and lured the dog into the back of the car. The dog never did anything signicant anyway, but some people wanted the dog shot. It was the owner's fault that the dog got loose. Punish the owner.

I often see how cyclists react to dogs on rides. They tend to react as if they are attack helicopters as opposed to being dogs. I do realize that some dogs are very scarey on rides, even good ones.

I had to laugh once when I was with a group of cyclists and a little terrier chased the whole bunch of riders from behind. I stopped and played with the little guy. In fact I always stop if a dog chases me unless doing that would endanger other cyclists. I think that most dogs are in it for the chase- especially herding breeds. Some just want you away from their perceived property. I think that few dogs really want to eat you or even bite you. I will strongly admonish the dog.....and if that doesn't work....I.....will.......shoot the dog with my AK-47 :) :)

Shooting Sandy

Frank
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM

Sandy
04-13-2008, 12:54 AM
I just tried to start a thread again, using a title and a single character in the content portion of the thread. Useless. Same message that you are receiving. I wonder if the problem will be solved.

:) Seeking Solutions Solving Sandy :)

RPS
04-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Very interesting story. Once again a pit bull out loose. Very bad. What is good is that the police officer, probably experienced with dogs, did not shoot the dog but used his dog sense and lured the dog into the back of the car.Sadly, the very next day this other article appeared in the paper. Involves ex-Texan football player Steve Foley and his two loving pit bull pets so it made the news. This time around the outcome wasn't great for anyone involved.

http://130.80.29.3/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5693661.html

Frank
04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
and so it continues on Sunday.

Serotta Pete, did you get my PM? Can you help with this on-going problem?

Thanks,

Frank

Pete Serotta
04-13-2008, 11:02 AM
It is being worked on with Webmaster Mike and HOSTWAYS.... It is intermittent and thus not easily identifiable. THey have tried a few things and if that does not fix it - they will continue to isolate the problem.

When you get these error messages (let me suggest you send the message and note to the WEB MASTER it is listed on SEROTTA.com.) Thanks

Frank
04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I have reported such error messages via postings to the Serotta Forum, to Serotta representatives, and to the webmaster beginning more than 2 years ago:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=16119&highlight=error+message

I did so today also.

Pete Serotta
04-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks...I will continue to follow up with Mike.

I have reported such error messages to them, beginning more than 2 years ago:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=16119&highlight=error+message

I did so today also.