PDA

View Full Version : The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Bill Bove
04-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Has been replaced by "the champagne has been Moved to the back of the refrigerator"

"Mission Accomplished" :confused:

On the anniversary of his death i give you this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=L5pgrKSwFJE&feature=related

93legendti
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Is this about cycling?

Bill Bove
04-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Nope, I'm just feeling really depressed.

93legendti
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Nope, I'm just feeling really depressed.

Swoop is online...

Big Daddy
04-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Swoop is online...

now I 'm depressed

soulspinner
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
No end in site and the republican candidate is on board if they win in Nov. Are you kidding me? No end in site, no political solution, no end to the loss of life(dont forget 70000 Iraqi deaths and thats what our govt admits). Time to cut everbodys losses and admit its time by anyones standard, you are not even getting cheap oil out of it! I gotta go ride, its 60 and sunny here...

fiamme red
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Swoop is online...Does he do group therapy?

Fixed
04-09-2008, 09:11 AM
bro you'll feel better after a ride

bill was in the army when the socalled experts were hiding from the draft
cheers

Big Daddy
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
No end in site and the republican candidate is on board if they win in Nov. Are you kidding me? No end in site, no political solution, no end to the loss of life(dont forget 70000 Iraqi deaths and thats what our govt admits). Time to cut everbodys losses and admit its time by anyones standard, you are not even getting cheap oil out of it! I gotta go ride, its 60 and sunny here...

Wrong forum dude...take that talk elsewhere.

93legendti
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM

cheers
HillBill and Obama?

Bill Bove
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
U.S. Air Force Fixed Bro, not calling you out, just some interservice rivalry :p

The Commander In Chief has one sacred responsibility to those he commands.

That is when he asks them to take a hill, there had better be a goddamned good reason for us being on that hill and he had better well be prepared to fully support those climbing that hill. Call it Bills Maxim

I've not seen that from this CiC.

Blue Jays
04-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow, that guy Phil Ochs was one messed-up crazy person with a guitar. He was a drug-addicted alcoholic with bipolar disorder, alternate personality disorder, self-destructive disorder, and he was suicidal.
Does anyone know if he was a cycling enthusiast?

Fixed
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
HillBill and Obama?

cheers

zap
04-09-2008, 09:34 AM

cheers

John wasn't hiding.

Twice lucky to be alive atmo.

soulspinner
04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Wrong forum dude...take that talk elsewhere.

I think I owe Ben a Concours 4 that one. You owe him a Derosa just 4 your sentence( sliding scale :p ).

Bill Bove
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Wow, that guy Phil Ochs was one messed-up crazy person with a guitar. He was a drug-addicted alcoholic with bipolar disorder, alternate personality disorder, self-destructive disorder, and he was suicidal.
Does anyone know if he was a cycling enthusiast?

Like most great artists. Listen to some of his other stuff, Changes or Pleasures of the harbor for good old fashioned love songs. and of course a whole lot of protest songs. I miss the guy.

93legendti
04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
U.S. Air Force Fixed Bro, not calling you out, just some interservice rivalry :p

The Commander In Chief has one sacred responsibility to those he commands.

That is when he asks them to take a hill, there had better be a goddamned good reason for us being on that hill and he had better well be prepared to fully support those climbing that hill. Call it Bills Maxim

I've not seen that from this CiC.
He did.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS...nton.iraq.sotu/

Clinton also said Tuesday night that at the end of his term, there was "a substantial amount of biological and chemical material unaccounted for " in Iraq.

"So I thought it was prudent for the president to go to the U.N. and for the U.N. to say, 'You got to let these inspectors in, and this time if you don't cooperate the penalty could be regime change, not just continued sanctions.'"
Clinton told King: "People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stor...ts/clinton.html[/url]

CLINTON: Good evening.

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.

Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraq's capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild that capability.

The inspectors undertook this mission first 7.5 years ago at the end of the Gulf War when Iraq agreed to declare and destroy its arsenal as a condition of the ceasefire.

Try going for a ride. What do you think of the Mich Pro3? I rode them over the weekend. Very nice tire.

Fixed
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
John wasn't hiding.

Twice lucky to be alive atmo.
I heard he was in the 1st and 2nd war too
cheers

here we go again imho

Blue Jays
04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Phil Ochs (singer in original hyperlink) must have really made his sister angry when he decided to kill himself by putting a noose around his neck to to commit suicide at her house.

Tom
04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Man, somebody's cut and paste functions are just smokin' today!

M.Sommers
04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Man, somebody's cut and paste functions are just smokin' today!

Word.

Enjoy yourself, will make things better, Ska in Japan atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2fupqLdYZw