PDA

View Full Version : 3 hours in the rain my what fun wet and dirty

Fixed
04-06-2008, 12:11 PM
bro it's summer here complete with the rain season.. i guess that is okay with me
since i have a rain bike .
i don't mind getting caught in the rain on my good bike( the pacenti )but heading out when it's already raining i'll take a fixed gear or this .hope all my bros rode hard or easy but rode somewhere this weekend
cheers

gone
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
hope all my bros rode hard or easy but rode somewhere this weekend
cheers
Yesterday was absolutely the most beautiful day we've had this year, 75 degrees, clear blue skies and dead calm. I spent the day up in my attic crawling around installing insulation. Great fun! I was barely able to get out of bed this morning. It's amazing how you think of yourself as being "in shape", do something a little different and the muscles rebel.

Your ride in the rain sounds like fun! Gonna try and go for a spin later today and see if I can loosen up a bit.

Bill Bove
04-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Went out in a light drizzle for a four hour ride, drizzle turned into a downpour but at least it was warm. Cleaning the bike right now before riding it over to a friends house to watch Flanders. Francouis Mertens will be there too, I'm not going to ride a dirty bike to party with him in attendence.

chakatrain
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
...on a software project, underdeadline, so didn't get on the bike at all. I did, however, go for a nice walk around the SF neighborhood near my house (it's called Media Gulch, apparently down on it's luck from the dot com days) with a friend thinking about how to make it bike, pedestrian, and eco friendly. It's been a fun, ongoing thing we've done lately, checking out different neighborhoods. maybe, just maybe, I'll take the next step and begin to advocate for some changes.

I did, however, commute to work 4 days this past week (Monday was my "set up day), so I don't feel so pent up about my weekend in front of the computer.

Fixed...you are one inspiring gent!

Dave B
04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Fixed I have always dug that dale of yours! Awesome!

PCR
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Two days, two rides of 2 hours +; one dry, one absolutely soaked. I was more wet today than any of my 4 + hour trail/mud runs. Love being on the bike! :banana:

itsflantastic
04-07-2008, 12:20 AM
yesterday, I spent the night in a sugar shack in the middle of nowhere with 6 inches of snow on the ground watching sap boil (making maple syrup)
and drinking beer.

Today, it was 40 degrees, overcast, and windy....

Still winter here...

. . .

. .

Fixed - somwhere between you and me, it's spring.

:beer:

AgilisMerlin
04-07-2008, 12:55 AM
we stay up late in maine..........don't let anyone else tell ya any different......

must be MUD SEASON................................. :butt:

handsomerob
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
we stay up late in maine..........don't let anyone else tell ya any different......

must be MUD SEASON................................. :butt:

speaking of wet and muddy... the last cross race I did was "down by the river" (Mississippi that is). I rode by the park where the course was and it would take a boat to complete the course today. Where the below shot was taken is now part of the mighty Miss Sipp and under a few feet of water.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=32281&stc=1