PDA

View Full Version : Serotta original repaint

Defiant
04-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Guys,

next week my old and faithfull Serotta ATX Colorado will be shipped back to the factory for a possible repair/repaint.

This is the frame;

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/Serotta2-2.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/Serotta3-1.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/Serotta4-1.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/Serotta5-1.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/Serotta.jpg

If the frame is going to get a new paint job i would like to give it another colour,...
Any Sugestions?

It is a MTB frame and is going to be a road going singlespeed.

For the look and feel it build it up like this to get a picture how it will look more or less; i never drove it like this

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/DSC01068.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/DSC01062.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/Serotta%20ATX/DSC01072.jpg

I was thinking about a white frame with black decals,...but some retro "time correct" colours will look great aswell.

DarrenCT
04-05-2008, 06:27 PM
cool rig

i had serotta "re-charge/re-paint" my CSi and it came back looking like new

i was so excited to see it, i had a beer

they do a good job

SoCalSteve
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
cool rig

they do a good job

Ummm, just curious..Has there ever been a time when something HAS NOT prompted you to crack open a cold one, Darren-issimo?

Just askin'

Steve

Grant McLean
04-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I like your Serotta the way it is now.
If you asked me, i'd leave it and ride it.

-g

pdbrye
04-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I like your Serotta the way it is now.
If you asked me, i'd leave it and ride it.

-g

+1. Cool rig and appropriately well used...

rounder
04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I think the frame looks great as is.

Defiant
04-06-2008, 02:47 AM
+1. Cool rig and appropriately well used...

I think the frame looks great as is.

thanks guys,..but there is a crack in the frame at the seatclamp so it needs to be fixed,..so therefore also repainted ,...... :bike:

I bought this frame new back in 1996,..and really still love it each time i ride it,...

DarrenCT
04-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Ummm, just curious..Has there ever been a time when something HAS NOT prompted you to crack open a cold one, Darren-issimo?

Just askin'

Steve

hmmmm! i think you've caught me!

good point steve'o! :beer:

victoryfactory
04-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Titanium silver with bright orange decals (black outlines)
Think: Baltimore Orioles away jerseys.

Post pictures after it's done so I can see if I like it. Then I'll send
the 'ol Atlanta in for the same paint job.

VF

stevep
04-06-2008, 06:43 AM
reminds me of the time you got a frame back from the painter and the guy forgot to paint it at all...and you cracked open a beer.

cool rig

they do a good job

victoryfactory
04-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Sorry Defiant, I just noticed you are not in the USA.
Maybe you don't have an Orioles jersey hanging in your closet...

markie
04-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Get them to put horizontal dropouts on at the same time, then you can lose the tensioner.

I like the paint how it is now. How about mirror image of the current. Purple decals on a fluoro yellow bike! Retro-awesome!

Oh, and get some clear oury grips for the cool sycros bars.

A.L.Breguet
04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
nude carbon fibre

Defiant
04-06-2008, 08:41 AM

That looks kinda nice! thanks!
Will keep that in mind :cool:

Get them to put horizontal dropouts on at the same time, then you can lose the tensioner.

I like the paint how it is now. How about mirror image of the current. Purple decals on a fluoro yellow bike! Retro-awesome!

Oh, and get some clear oury grips for the cool sycros bars.

hehehehe,...not a bad idea, but to bright for me,..i also had the fluor yellow to orange version years back,..was nice to.
The T-max is black to purple fade

I got a set of clear onza grips waiting for the rebuild,.so you will see the text Syncros through the grips,...

I do not want to loose the derri drop out,..i do not know if i want is to be a singlespeed in 2 years,..i just bought a Kona singlespeed (Unit2-9) for the mean time,..for the time i can not ride the Serotta

keep those ideas coming ;)
and example pictures offcourse :banana:

Defiant
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM

you were right,..do not have one; i am a size Large,.do you want me to send you the address details ? :D

by the way,..i do know the team,..

markie
04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
That looks kinda nice! thanks!
Will keep that in mind :cool:

I do not want to loose the derri drop out,..

You could always get some campagnolo style horizontal road dropouts in there. Check out the surly cross check rear end...

Defiant
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Wanted to ship the frame back to Serotta today,..but the shipping costs are 275 euro (435 dollar) which is to much for me,....can not afford this due to the fact that i became a dad recently and that is swallowing all my money,...

The Serotta policy is that i have to ship myself, even if it is warranty,....

nice way to give service,......now i have a broken frame,.....lifetime warranty,..yeah right! :confused:

taylorj
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Ja maar hij is Nederlands! Daarom is de kleurensinaasappel een goede keus!

Ahneida Ride
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Wanted to ship the frame back to Serotta today,..but the shipping costs are 275 euro (435 dollar) which is to much for me,....can not afford this due to the fact that i became a dad recently and that is swallowing all my money,...

The Serotta policy is that i have to ship myself, even if it is warranty,....

nice way to give service,......now i have a broken frame,.....lifetime warranty,..yeah right! :confused:

I got a friend from Iceland that frequently visits Brussels ....

He can ship it back from Iceland .... would that work?

I am willing to help if I can. PM me if I can help.

Defiant
04-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Ja maar hij is Nederlands! Daarom is de kleurensinaasappel een goede keus!

En jij ook? ;)

Defiant
04-16-2008, 02:34 AM
I got a friend from Iceland that frequently visits Brussels ....

He can ship it back from Iceland .... would that work?

I am willing to help if I can. PM me if I can help.

Thanks for the offer friend.

I have to think about this whole situation; Serotta told me that they do not pay for the shipping costs because they do not know if this will be a warranty case untill they see the frame with their own eyes.
I showed the bike to several expert (framebuilders) and they all tell me that it must be 100% warranty but what if Serotta decides to tell me it is not,..then i had to pay 400 dollars for shipping old metal with lifetime warranty, which i will never see again,....
And what about if it is warranty,..shouldn't they refund me the shipping costs then?

William
04-16-2008, 04:41 AM

I have to think about this whole situation; Serotta told me that they do not pay for the shipping costs because they do not know if this will be a warranty case untill they see the frame with their own eyes.
I showed the bike to several expert (framebuilders) and they all tell me that it must be 100% warranty but what if Serotta decides to tell me it is not,..then i had to pay 400 dollars for shipping old metal with lifetime warranty, which i will never see again,....
And what about if it is warranty,..shouldn't they refund me the shipping costs then?

Take AR up on his offer if you decide to go forward with it. He's a top notch, numero-uno honest guy. He can help you out.

William

taylorj
04-16-2008, 11:00 AM
En jij ook? ;)

Nee, Maar ik leefde een paar jaar in Zeist (dichtbij Utrecht). Zo leerde ik om wat Nederlands te spreken terwijl ik daar was. Maar ik ben zeer uit praktijk.
(Niet zo goed!)

Pete Serotta
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Send the pictures to STEVE@SEROTTA.COM and ask him to take a look at them. Tell him that PETE is giving his name out.....

Defiant
04-16-2008, 06:47 PM
I already made a deal with my boss,..i can pay the shipping costs in parts,..so i decided to send it out this morning,....now i have to wait.

Thanks for all the tips and help,....

I have been in contact with Steve and he told me that it looked like a warranty case to him and from that time i had to deal with Russ who was verry kind and helpfull but couldn't offer me anything because it was the serotta policy and there was no other option.

Now i just hope they will help me out with the shipping costs when Serotta confirms that this indeed is a warranty issue.
I have been in contact with a verry famous framebuilder (who's name i will not tell because i do not want him to be a part of this issue) and he told me that this is a 100% warranty case for sure.

I keep my fingers crossed,..i can not afford this to blow up in my face,...

i will keep you guys informed,...

Defiant
04-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Nee, Maar ik leefde een paar jaar in Zeist (dichtbij Utrecht). Zo leerde ik om wat Nederlands te spreken terwijl ik daar was. Maar ik ben zeer uit praktijk.
(Niet zo goed!)

Dat ziet er nog steeds goed uit hoor! niets van te zien/merken dat je niet nederlands bent! ;)

taylorj
04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Dat ziet er nog steeds goed uit hoor! niets van te zien/merken dat je niet nederlands bent! ;)

Dank u zeer! Aanvankelijk was het zeer moeilijk voor me te leren. Maar ik hield van het land en wilde de taal leren. Goed geluk met uw fiets.

Defiant
05-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Update;

I am really happy with the Serotta service.
The seat tube is going to be replaced and get's a new paintjob;

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg52/kleinattitude/eindelijk.jpg

it is gonna take a few weeks but i do not care,.....i am so happy! :banana: