PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Hinault YouTube footage

saab2000
04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
In deference to those who don't like the non-stop YouTube links, I won't post them. But everyone who likes bike racing should really go there and search Bernard Hinault. There is a series of 4 videos, each about 10 minutes long, of vintage footage and interviews. They are in French and it helps to understand it at least a bit. The fanatical screaming when he went over the side of the mountain in the Dauphine in '77 or '78 is not to be missed. Insane!

It shows precisely why he is high on the list of the all time greats, for those who have been wondering why he didn't just stand aside for Greg Lemond.

Check it out.

A.L.Breguet
04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
The Badger was the last true boss of the peloton. He could win anything he wanted.

Dr. Doofus
04-05-2008, 10:21 AM
holy crap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdjP4TFwDEc&feature=related

all right

if i can get a first draft written before 3PM, i'm racing today

A.L.Breguet
04-05-2008, 12:00 PM
if I recall, Hinault thought Paris Roubaix was a barbaric spectacle.
He rode once, and won. He refused to ride it again.

saab2000
04-05-2008, 12:04 PM
if I recall, Hinault thought Paris Roubaix was a barbaric spectacle.
He rode once, and won. He refused to ride it again.

I think he was forced into defending and finished 9th.

Fixed
04-05-2008, 12:14 PM
wow a badger thanks
cheers

chuckred
04-05-2008, 06:53 PM
No wonder cyclists get accused of being pu$$ys!

Darrell
04-05-2008, 06:54 PM
if was not for his knee in 1980
and then when he went mental when he the malliot {1986or 85?}and wanted to be a total poser and crush everyone the next day, including Grego. Ooppps, ka boom on the last climb. Dipping into the tackle box again later again that day did not help.
Every one forgets these things, which is disappointing.
And the GP nations wins and many others

Hinault was special.
And he hung it up before the tackle was going to make a mess of him.
He planed his retirement to ensure he was not going to end up like a lot of others.

Now that Van Impe fella let me tell you about him .................................................. ..