PDA

View Full Version : Ergos and Nitto bars

rcnute
04-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Any opinions about which bars work best with Ergos?

maunahaole
04-04-2008, 02:14 PM
the noodle, or nitto 177 works really well. There is a lot of content on the site that addresses this issue. Shallow drop, round traditional bend, shallow angle on the top and a little bit of rearward sweep across the tops. I got a set and it is a nice bit. Rivendell has them, as do other vendors, they are not too difficult to find.

Waldo
04-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Nitto 153s, which are available in limited supply from Soma Cycles (no relation) only are actually made to be compatible with brifters.

72gmc
04-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I like the combination of 115s and Ergos just fine.

jbl
04-04-2008, 02:48 PM
+1 on the Noodle recommendation. Note, however, that the Noodle seems to have a fairly long reach ... at least, it does the way I have them set up.

the noodle, or nitto 177 works really well. There is a lot of content on the site that addresses this issue. Shallow drop, round traditional bend, shallow angle on the top and a little bit of rearward sweep across the tops. I got a set and it is a nice bit. Rivendell has them, as do other vendors, they are not too difficult to find.

Wiley J
04-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I wish I could find a bar with the shape of the noodle, but with a shorter reach.

rcnute
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I have B-115s on my bikes with aero levers, but it seems like the reach would be too long with Ergos or STIs.

72gmc
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I have B-115s on my bikes with aero levers, but it seems like the reach would be too long with Ergos or STIs.

True, I had to get used to having the tops a little closer. I ran a 12cm stem with a 3TTT bar and Ergos. Now I run a 10cm stem with Nitto bars and Ergos. Reach to hoods is comfy.

jbl
04-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I vaguely recall a seeing an ITM Millenium bar and thinking, "Hmmm. That looks good. Kind of like my Nittos but with shorter reach." I think it was the Millenium4Ever (or somesuch).

Erik.Lazdins
04-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I like my ergo levers on the noodle bar really well.

FWIW - good bar, strong, and a great value

medici
04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Add my vote to the Noodle bar. Rivendell has a heat-treated, lighter version (same shape) of the noodle called the "Sobabar" (I think -- something close to that anyway) which I'm using on my Legend right now. Love it!

Pete

Vancouverdave
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
+1; I've sold 6 pair of Noodles to customers with Ergo or STI. The fit is so good with Ergopower that I'm sure that Grant Petersen is a closet user.
The transition of the ramp to the Ergopower lever body is too good to be a coincidence.