PDA

View Full Version : Topek Customer Service Rocks

bigman
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
[CENTER]Broke my inexspensive Topeak floor pump handle a while back when prompted by my then 6 year old daughter to see how fast I could pump up my tire. Snapped off one side of the handle and the pump was put into the basement by the trainer.

Was told by a friend to reach out to customer service and ask for help. Turns out the pump was a TJ MAX limited edition and the 2 fellows on the tephone said they would see if they had a handle around and would get back to me. They asked how I broke it as this was a rare happening. Told them the story and they laughed.

2 hours later they call back and tell me that they have no handles but they would send me the nearest replacement model to what I broke. I offered to pay and they laughed again. New Joe Blow Sport was at my door in less than 2 days!
Anyone else have good or bad experiences with other cycling manufact]urers to share - love to hear them.

scrooge
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I agree. My Road Morph fell off when I hit a big bump shortly after purchasing it. Broke the handle/hose and they replaced it for free.

[CENTER]Broke my inexspensive Topeak floor pump handle a while back when prompted by my then 6 year old daughter to see how fast I could pump up my tire. Snapped off one side of the handle and the pump was put into the basement by the trainer.

Was told by a friend to reach out to customer service and ask for help. Turns out the pump was a TJ MAX limited edition and the 2 fellows on the tephone said they would see if they had a handle around and would get back to me. They asked how I broke it as this was a rare happening. Told them the story and they laughed.

2 hours later they call back and tell me that they have no handles but they would send me the nearest replacement model to what I broke. I offered to pay and they laughed again. New Joe Blow Sport was at my door in less than 2 days!
Anyone else have good or bad experiences with other cycling manufact]urers to share - love to hear them.

crossjunkee
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Cool, yesterday I purchased a Topeak frame pump to carry in my Camelbak while mtn. biking.

Ahneida Ride
04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Yup.... I've had very good experiences with them too.

rwsaunders
04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I've needed a $0.03 part on my Joe Blow Max for some time and none of the local shops could (or cared to) locate it. Based on this thread, I emailed Topeak on Friday and I received an email today that the part has been sent to me...at no cost. Customer service extraordinaire. :beer:

staggerwing
04-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I've had similar great service from both Park Tool and Planet Bike.

For the first case, I wanted a lockable pump head, and a short length of rubber tubing. The idea was to marry those bits to "gutted" presta valve, making a flexible extension for a crappy pump, a al the fine Topeak Road Morph. I e-mailed, and offered to buy, and they sent back "don't bother, just give us a snail mail address." Two days later I was in business.

The second was for a malfunctioning Super Flash. Every time it got wet outside, it would flake out. I would open it up, dry it out, spray the switch with contact cleaner, and all would be well until the next rain. A quick call got a prompt replacement. They even sent the replacement prior to my return, simply because I stated my morning commute safety was at least partially related to having the Super Flash.

I always find it amazing how a little customer kindness can generate a loyal following. Conversely, a little customer disservice can a time bomb.

rwsaunders
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I've needed a $0.03 part on my Joe Blow Max for some time and none of the local shops could (or cared to) locate it. Based on this thread, I emailed Topeak on Friday and I received an email today that the part has been sent to me...at no cost. Customer service extraordinaire. :beer:

The part came on Saturday...class act. :banana:

Peter P.
04-14-2008, 04:32 PM
The part came on Saturday...class act. :banana:

Tip: E-mail Topeak and link them to this thread. Show them you are spreading the good word.

zmudshark
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Have had the same sort of 'feel good' results from Park Tools. when I've lost or broke a part, they've had replacement parts in my mailbox, gratis, within days. Just recently sent me an adjuster rod for the rear dérailleur adjustment tool...no charge.

It's nice to have companies that care about their product and their customers, and unfortunately, not all that common.

I think bike folks are generally a cut above, anyway!

rwsaunders
04-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Tip: E-mail Topeak and link them to this thread. Show them you are spreading the good word.

Email with the Forum link has been sent to Topeak. Good idea, Peter P.

Bob Ross
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Agree that Topeak customer service rocks. Every time I've had to call them they've been gratious, attentive, sincerely interested in resolving the problem, and thorough in seeing the solution through to a satisfactory conclusion. Yep, every time...every single time, they've been wonderful. Two thumbs up for Topeak's customer service, they've always been there for me, every time I've had to call

...which is something like 6 or 7 times now. Their crap keeps falling apart!

How come Topeak's product quality control doesn't rock nearly as hard as their customer service?