PDA

View Full Version : Paul Brake parts

Ginger
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Perhaps someone here can direct me to a source for small parts for PAUL neo-retro and touring canti brakes. I've looked at their site and I can't find a spot to order one spring (or a set of springs...) and perhaps some O-rings...

P.S. Never let someone else install your brake springs backwards. ARGH...

gdw
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM
info@paulcomp.com

markie
04-03-2008, 02:06 PM
I might have the parts you need....

Otherwise calling Paul directly is quick and easy.

SoCalSteve
04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Perhaps someone here can direct me to a source for small parts for PAUL neo-retro and touring canti brakes. I've looked at their site and I can't find a spot to order one spring (or a set of springs...) and perhaps some O-rings...

Words to live by!

big shanty
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Call them....my experience with both PAUL and Phil Wood has been if something like that gets messed up (spring, bolt, etc) they'll send you free or nominally-priced replacement.

93legendti
04-03-2008, 03:16 PM

Ginger, if you're in a jam, give me a shout. I have a set of Touring cantis I bought on eBay sitting aorund...you could borrow a spring/O-ring till Paul C sends you new stuff.

Ginger
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks Adam, the spring I have will work now that it's installed the right way, it's just a little ugly.

But it *does* explain why I've had an issue with that brake pad rubbing before...sometimes you have to take things apart to figure out what other people did. You expect if you pay to have it done, it will be done right...right?

I have dropped Paul a note and made a call. I'm sure they're busy.

I'm just a little curious why they don't have a "small parts" section on their e-commerce page. Why spend the time dealing directly with people who just want a spring? They've been in business long enough. Small parts wear out.

palincss
04-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Call or email. I wrote them an email with a question about some used interrupter levers and I got a reply within hours from Paul himself.

dirtdigger88
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I called them last fall about a replacement spring- they got back to me that day and I had the spring inside of a week

jason

gdw
04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
"I'm just a little curious why they don't have a "small parts" section on their e-commerce page. Why spend the time dealing directly with people who just want a spring? They've been in business long enough. Small parts wear out."

A lot of small companies want to talk to the people who are using, not selling, their product. A 5-10 minute incoming call provides real world feedback which can be helpful in tweaking an existing product or designing the next model. Accurate answers and prompt service from the person taking the call are also generally appreciated by the user who hopefully will spread the word to their friends that your company actually cares about their customers. Bottom line: a good reputation generates more business.

Ken Robb
04-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I bought o-rings and springs from them easily but they were NOT cheap.

Ginger
04-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I bought o-rings and springs from them easily but they were NOT cheap.

Yeah...well...the brakes weren't cheap to begin with, so I suspect the parts will be pricey as well. I'm just happy to hear that they don't expect someone to buy another brakeset just because the spring gets old.

big shanty
04-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm just a little curious why they don't have a "small parts" section on their e-commerce page. Why spend the time dealing directly with people who just want a spring? They've been in business long enough. Small parts wear out.

My alternative theory (based loosely on personal experiences) is that they do not have a small parts section b/c they typically offer these parts for free, to those who have an acute need. IF there were a "small parts" section on the website, and the price ranged from FREE to ALMOST FREE, you would have people who don't need the parts stockpiling them.

markie
04-03-2008, 08:41 PM
My experience with Paul, is they have to go and make the small part you need. As I recall it only took a couple of days.