PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's Sunday Virginia Ride

va rider
09-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Supersonic Serotta Sandy and I are riding this Sunday, 10 a.m. out of Marshall, Virginia (easy to find from the beltway and off of I-66) for a 40 to 50 miler, with some rolling hills and a decent climb up Mt. Weather. I have cue sheets, as well. This is a favorite Potomac Peddlar route with plenty of views of the Blue Ridge mountains and a few hilly challenges. I would expect the pace to be moderate, but bring your bungy cords so that Sandy can pull you. No one will be dropped!

Anybody who is interested in riding can post or shoot me an e-mail at sstein at gwu dot edu.

All are welcome.

va rider
09-11-2004, 05:06 PM
I know it is bad form to reply to my own post, but Sandy and I have two additional riders for our Marshall ride tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 a.m. I rode a century today, so it will be a very reasonably paced ride.

Any other takers, just e-mail me at the above address. We are meeting at the McDonalds on rt 17 and then driving to the start location.

Smiley
09-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Sandy and Mt Weather , those are two opposite statements . Sandy think positive thoughts while churning up said MOUNTAIN. Hey Va Rider we did the 50 miler today out of Thurmont due to time constraints sorry we did not see you out there.

pale scotsman
09-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Sir Smiley, did you go through the red covered bridge on the way back into Thurmont? It's really cool. If so you didn't happen to see any of my dead brain cells in the field next to it? ;) Spent many a Friday afternoon at "the bridge" doing a little carbo loading when I was at the Mount.

Smiley
09-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey Pale Man , I did not know your an alumni of the Mount , I went to CUA and they had great B Ball games back then. And yes its always nice to see those covered bridges.

va rider
09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey Smiley, I didn't see you out there. I wish I did, nothing like sitting on the wheel of a tandem.

Sandy cancelled tomorrow, so unless I hear from Oldmilll, then I am just riding local.

Kevin
09-12-2004, 08:06 AM
I think Sandy gave that mountain a second thought.

Kevin

Kevan
09-12-2004, 02:55 PM
tents. It's gonna take Sandy the better part of the week to do those 50 miles. :D

Gee...Sandy... why didn't I get a personal invite?

Sandy
09-13-2004, 08:59 PM
I am genuinely sorry for not going on the ride. Given a second chance, I will not fail you.

Sandy