PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever end?

onekgguy
03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
The view from my front window (in Lakeville, MN) this afternoon. This is getting very old.

Kevin g

DarrenCT
03-31-2008, 09:22 PM
looks beautiful

better than this fawking rain her in CT

M.Sommers
03-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Life sucks then we retire to FLA.

Dude I hear you, this winter hasn't been bad here, little snowfall...but IT WILL not warm the **** up. KG, read DarrenCT's last 500 posts, count each time he says, "beer." It's a game to help kill some time. If things get tough, PM Fixed for spiritual advice.

:beer:

KeithS
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
The nice part is it will be 50 by Wednesday.

I rode 20 miles yesterday on the warmest day of 2008 and it's snows all day today. Go figure.

I am at peace with my cycling self. I shipped my bike to FL for spring break and rode hard every day for 8 days. It arrived back at my LBS today. Nice respite from the cold.

Signs of spring in MN.

Pitchers and Catchers report in Ft. Myers
Ice houses off the lakes on Feb 28th.
Last session of indoor spinning at LBS - that was today.
Yellow finches are really yellow again. That was today too..

onekgguy
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
I can't complain too much because I've been getting in a fair amount of riding. It doesn't help to hear the weather people telling us that last year at this time we were already experiencing days where the temp reached into the 80s. We're no where near that this year...yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to make it back out on the roads tomorrow or for sure by Wednesday when we'll be in the mid 40s. They do a great job of getting the roads plowed.

Kevin g

onekgguy
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
The nice part is it will be 50 by Wednesday.

50? Best news I've heard all day!

Kevin g

Big Daddy
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Yellow finches are really yellow again. That was today too..

those were yellow snow balls

saab2000
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
The view from my front window (in Lakeville, MN) this afternoon. This is getting very old.

Kevin g

Say again!?! I was on the landline.... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

huey
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
8o degrees, sunny without a cloud in the sky. i love the desert.

onekgguy
04-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Say again!?! I was on the landline.... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Actually, that's usually just a lie when we're too busy in conversation with the controller next to us to hear what was said...such as...how much snow are we supposed to get? :beer:

Kevin g

stevep
04-01-2008, 06:10 AM
ouch.

sping has shown up here finally.
thks

davids
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
ouch.

thksWell, it's putting in an appearance. 57 when I clipped in at 6:40 today. Windy as hell and spitting rain, but the warmth more than compensated. Temps are dropping again tomorrow, though.

Kevan
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Move.

DarrenCT
04-01-2008, 08:24 AM
ouch.

thks

exactly but with lots of rain.

ps: i get jewel at 11pm est time. hurry up.

catulle
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Saturday, March 26, 2008. Nice riding weather...

M.Sommers
04-01-2008, 08:28 AM
ouch.

thks

So long as it rains over Fenway, it's okay. :) I do hope the rain/weather clears up beyond Fenway for you. At least baseball is here. Yankees Opening Day will be in June atmo.

onekgguy
04-01-2008, 06:32 PM
What a difference a day can make. This was yesterday (http://onekgguy.blogspot.com/2008/03/out-like-lion-and-she-did-it.html). Today, with the help of the road crews, some warmer temps and sun I was able to get out and ride 32 miles (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Ftrail.motionbased.com%2Ftrail%2F kml%2Fepisode.kml%3FepisodePkValues%3D5294483&ie=UTF8&z=12). Who'd a thunk it?

I have a much better attitude today than yesterday.

Kevin g

Karin Kirk
04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Winter is still in full swing here, amazingly!
Let's see... over the past 7 days it's snowed on 4 or 5 of them, sprinkling our fair ski area with 30something inches of new snow. The really remarkable thing is that it's staying nice and cold so that the snow is fluffy and dry rather than manky and warm.

The base depth is over 100 inches and so the ski area has extended their season for another week! So, no base miles for me just yet.

Here are some photos from some of my special, favorite places as seen last Sunday. 1st one is along the ridgetop above the ski area; 2nd one is the entrance to my fav run. Normally this is a scary moment, but with the snow so sweet, it's smooth sailing right through the crux. :)

Marco
04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
What run is that? And where?

ps- I understand if it's a "locals secret" but it would be kinda cool to start thinking about a Montana ski trip for next year.

And by the way- can we start a long, never ending debate about which binding systems are better in a campyvs.shimanovs.sram kinda way? :)

Ginger
04-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Here are some photos from some of my special, favorite places as seen last Sunday. 1st one is along the ridgetop above the ski area; 2nd one is the entrance to my fav run. Normally this is a scary moment, but with the snow so sweet, it's smooth sailing right through the crux. :)

Hmmmm snow like that and you're wondering whether to ski in the morning or not???

Marco...from the shadows, it looks like a couple people know about that secret run. :)

RIHans
04-02-2008, 12:37 AM
She could not be if she thinks 30 inches of snow in 4-5 days ...IS A GOOD THING!

Just kidding Mrs. Kirk. We just have a differant kind of fun going on.

As SteveP reports, spring is maybe showing in Southern New England...A week above freezing. The miles will be on the ^.

paulandmonster
04-02-2008, 01:25 AM
70 miles on a 70 degree day bright sun afte 500 and trees starting to open its about f........ time

Karin Kirk
04-02-2008, 09:00 AM
What run is that? And where?

ps- I understand if it's a "locals secret" but it would be kinda cool to start thinking about a Montana ski trip for next year.

And by the way- can we start a long, never ending debate about which binding systems are better in a campyvs.shimanovs.sram kinda way? :)

It's called Hidden Gully at Bridger Bowl. It's not secret, but it is a bit of a hike to get to, so it doesn't get too pounded with traffic.

Nobody seems to argue or campaign about binding systems. But there are certainly passionate viewpoints about various skis. Twintips vs fat skis vs carving skis... etc.

OK, Ginger... after much deliberating I am going up after all. But just for a little while.

The forecast is looking warmer over the next week, so maybe I will see my bike sometime soon?

Marco
04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
I was diggin the AC30/AC40's that I rented this year. So there it is, the first salvo in a Volkl vs. K2 vs. Rossi vs. ? debate :)

Karin Kirk
04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I was diggin the AC30/AC40's that I rented this year. So there it is, the first salvo in a Volkl vs. K2 vs. Rossi vs. ? debate :)

Hmm, I'm an equal-opportunity fan of many different skis. So you won't get much argument from me. Skis are probably like bike saddles. It's nearly impossible to say that because one person likes a certain model, that means others should too.

Sigh. That's just no fun, is it?

Fixed
04-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Saturday, March 26, 2008. Nice riding weather...
bro did he die fast ?
did you eat him ?
just wondering not picking a fight
cheers

rsl
04-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I walked to a class yesterday in freezing rain. Anywhere else this would have been an ironic divine April Fool'sj oke. In South Bend, IN it's just reality :(