PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Travel Advice, again....

weatherman
03-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi folks, I got such good suggestions last time asking about ideas for travel plans I thought I'd try again. So, how about some suggestions for places to stay/options to head up to the Seattle/Vancouver area with the kids (10 year old twins). Plan is to spend some time in Seattle (looking at the Edgewater Hotel) and then want to get out of town and spend some time in the mountains/backcountry (away from the hustle/bustle). Ideally, 3-4 days where we could easily hike, bike (road or mountain), kayak, fish etc while staying at a single lodge (other family members aren't big campers so I would prefer "nice" lodge type place if you get my drift--better yet if there is a spa on premises for my wife). Willing to head up/around Vancouver if needed, but also looking at in/around North Cascades National Park, maybe Ranier??? Never been up that way.

Thanks in advance!! :beer:

jmewkill
03-31-2008, 01:06 PM
We stayed at the Edgewater, hmm, August 2006 for a couple of nights.. Good spot and I/we would stay there again.

We were travelling up to Penticton, BC for an event, but the country up beyond the mountain range is really spectacular.