PDA

View Full Version : OT - a link to make baby boomers laugh

velotel
03-31-2008, 01:21 AM
A friend sent me this link. Fantastic. I laugh every time I think about it. Actually it might even be funnier for whatever the generation after the baby boomers is called.
http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-walt-babyboomers-blurb,0,1036393.blurb

alancw3
03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
amusing.

Ray
03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
He's a great cartoonist and is trying to get into internet cartooning, with animation, like in the example. His political cartoons are great too.

I actually knew Walt when we were little kids. Our parents were very close friends and we used to go on vacations together. Being the same age, we'd usually be forced to share a room. He was a holy terror - I'll never forget a few nights where he was just fully out of control and his parents were in there all night trying to calm him down. Haven't seen him since we were about 9 or 10. He's obviously channeled his energy into more productive directions! His older brother, Steve Handlesman, is an NBC TV reporter who does a lot of reports for local affiliate stations. Hadn't seen him in years either, till we moved to Philly and he started showing up on the TV regularly. Saw him recently at the funeral of a close friend of both of our parents. Pretty successful family, obviously.

-Ray