PDA

View Full Version : post ride rituals

george
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
I am curious if and what rituals you have after you ride. Mine is as soon as I get inside my apartment with my bike I quickly wipe down my bike with windex and paper towels, then I will do two sets of 100 crunchies and one set of either 100 bicepts curls with 20 pound dumbells or two sets of 50 push ups (I alternate days with curls and pushups) but always do my 200 crunchies in two sets. Then I either start to boil water or warm up my stove while I jump in the shower so I will refuel properly with FOOD. :)

schneiderrd
09-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Wipe down the chain, have a beer, stretch, take a shower, enter ride data in computerized log.
:beer:

Tom
09-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Wipe down the bike if it's raining, scarf down a bowl of cereal, shave and shower, call Karen to let her know I'm home safely, locate the cats, locate the keys, double check I carried the bike downstairs, locate the cats, get dressed, pull the car into the driveway, go back in and make sure I didn't lock the little cat in the closet, check and make sure I carried the bike downstairs, run back out to the car thinking how I'm gonna be late to work again, close the garage door, drive away wondering if I know where the cats are and whether I took the bike downstairs, sit at the stop sign at the end of the street wondering if I closed the garage door.

Drive to work. Hate humanity, or at least most of those I have to work with, regretting painfully all the mistakes of my youth that got me into this stinking six foot cloth box.

Too Tall
09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
'pends. Easy days, shower and get busy annoying Queenie. Hard days, whip up a recovery shake for me and the wife...shower...drink the drink...get busy annoying wife. Why stray from what works?

On a slightly more serious note. Post ride self massage and stretching a must and I like your routine to hit the basics right after riding while still motivated.

Kevin
09-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Take a shower with Tyra Banks.

Kevin

pale scotsman
09-08-2004, 07:18 PM
I usually go by mcdonald's and get a couple double cheese burgers and an unsweet iced tea if I've driven to the ride and I'm in a hurry to get home. If not I stop at a few different BBQ joints depending on what I'm in tha mood for.

When it's mountain bike time I stop by popeyes fried chicken and get a three piece white (spicy), mashed potatoes and a unsweet tea.

My better half says I ride so I can enjoy my favorite hobby which is eatin'!

pale scotsman
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Oh, and Kevin tell Tyra her toothbrush is still over at my place please. ;)