PDA

View Full Version : What kind of bike stuff are you all getting for Christmas?

Frank
12-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, it is close to the time for Santa and I was just wondering what kind of bike stuff you all are getting this year.

M_A_Martin
12-11-2003, 08:54 PM
I need some ideas on what to buy for myself...what's the hot new cycling toy for christmas?

I'm probably getting some protective leg gear for mountain biking...and learning trials moves.

dave thompson
12-11-2003, 09:21 PM
I don't know what I'm 'getting', but I'm selling a couple of my bikes so I can buy a new one. Yowza!

eddief
12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Hello Dave,

Welcome back to the community. Seems like you recently evolved your fit philosophy and went to "big" and "high" with your Kirk. What direction will you take the "fleet" in the new year?

mavic1010
12-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Sad to say what I want for Christmas won't be available...the Mavic WinTech computer...

Guess I gotta ask for the 12 hour TDF DVD.....

Russ
12-12-2003, 01:32 PM
I am getting a cool BLUE TINTED carbon Ottrott, with yellow/black decals.

I have had trouble getting the freaking 2004 Campy stuff. This group is hard to find (at the club prices we pay).

So, I will be drooling on the naked frame until sometime early next year.

dave thompson
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi Eddie: It's nice to see the forum back. It was very boring watching the snow drift in the back yard.

The 'fleet', as you put it, has indeed grown. From a dealer 'recommended' 56cm, to a professionally fitted 60cm. Plus I have found that I can fit up to a 62cm if I want to have a zero stand-over policy.

I'm looking at two more bikes now. One an old Hetchins and the other a Serotta. Both are in the 60~61 range with top tubes around 58. I find I can live with most bikes in the 59~62 seat tube dimensions and 57~59 top tube dimensions, as long as the bar height and reach are easily changeable as I become more fit, flexible and stronger during the riding season.

I'm don't like to ride bikes during the winter crappy weather, so I do plenty of weight training and strength conditioning so at my tender young age, I'm pretty ready to go when spring arrives.

Jack Brunk
12-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Waiting on a new Seven Alta with the following goodies:

Topollino whelels
Campy 10
FSA compact pro cranks

Should be a good ride.

Jack

dbrk
12-12-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm awaiting my wife's new Dave Kirk...veryvery pink and with a certain flair, namely, it'll have a Hello Kitty motif. Yup, that Dave is a sport and the bike promises to be just beautiful and really pretty tiny and correct. I have the parts together, I think...so I'm ready. It's at paint right now so I am hopinghoping that it will be here by Christmas (no worries if it isn't, Dave).
Pictures will follow, including the custom stem.

As fer me...gosh, I'm a lucky soul and everyday feels like Christmas (even if I'm a WASH...that's white anglo-saxon hindu!...okay that was meant to evoke weak smiles, mild chuckling...)

Aimee doesn't know this bike is coming and she's too busy to check me out here...I think the secret is safe you good folks

dbrk

dnovo
12-12-2003, 03:02 PM
". . . I think the secret is safe you good folks"

Not so fast, Brooks. What's it worth to you to keep me quiet? :)

Dave N.

mfb1001
12-12-2003, 03:53 PM
I just got part of mine, Forest green B-17, and hope to try it out this weekend, weather permitting.:)

Dr. Doofus
12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Santa has brought me a custom Merckx Corsa 0.1, in Faema white with a red head tube...its getting my old Chorus 10 and some new Ritchey bars and stem

dixiesdad
12-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Santa (actually UPS) brought me a Merckx Mx Leader Motorola team color bike. beautiful creation getting built with a DA 9 group. Mavic reflex sewup rims ...graphics are slightly different from older motorola bikes (down tube has a BIG Merckx instead of Eddy Merckx. ...... looking forward to ordering a new CSi 7-11 team color. dixie is my 4 year old pembroke Welch Corgi ... dixiesdad.... aka .... Todd Owen glad to be back

sellsworth
12-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Maybe:

1. Park truing stand.
2. LeMond DVD 4 pack (3 TdF wins and world championship)

Santa is bringing my 7 year-old son a new K2 bike. He's got the makings of a great cyclist - he's super skinny, and if inherited my wife's VO2 max (which is off the charts) then watch out.

Bruce K
12-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Christmas will be smaller this year (Ottrott St for a B'day kinda does that).

But I am getting a Mavic Win-tech bike computer with the cadence option for my TT bike. At least that's what I told my wife I wanted.

BK

Who's glad the forum is back and glad to be back

jrm
12-12-2003, 05:45 PM
I am getting a Cobalt Colorado. I am very excited but can't stand the wait.

Dr. Doofus
12-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Oh yeah...I hope Santa takes away this flu that has knocked me off the bike for four weeks now...and maybe he can take away the four pounds I've gained, too....

pbbob
12-12-2003, 07:53 PM
calendar, tour of spain video. I hope santa brings me a whole boatload of patience or some dry weather to these parts. I need to ride.

eddief
12-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Should come on right around Christmas. Anxious to see whether Steve is a better fitter than I am.

pbbob
12-12-2003, 08:00 PM
details on the rex? never seen one.

I had a rex once. not a bike but the cat.

jerk
12-12-2003, 08:06 PM
the jerk is getting coal.....although dbrk did give me a great rivendell hat and some awesome shellac...the jerk is glad he had to skip town last week so he can pack dbrk's shifters with one of the jerk's old team jerseys.

lithiapark
12-12-2003, 11:43 PM
There is a Serotta ITM 130 stem on EBay, and the Jerk has almost convinced me I must have it, a longer stem that is.

Jeff N.
12-13-2003, 09:08 AM
A MOOTS Vamoots frame, then an Ottrot after the New Year. I know. I've completely lost my mind. I need help. Jeff N.

dnovo
12-13-2003, 09:13 AM
No, you just need that Moots, and that Ottrott, and . . . Dave N.

Len J
12-13-2003, 01:21 PM
I',m getting a Arione saddle and some bib tights and a few other odds & ends.

The packages from Colorado Cyclist & Excel have been arriving all week.

Can't wait.

Len