PDA

View Full Version : King Eddy Merckx on the podium again...

Johny
09-07-2004, 08:21 PM
After the race...

Johny
09-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Before the race... :)

Seriously, check http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/sep04/tourbritain04/?id=features/sep05eddy_merckx

BumbleBeeDave
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks for posting the photos and the link!

I think there are few things in life as wholly pitiful as a former pro athlete returning to his sport to “visit” in physical condition that makes it obvious that he just doesn’t give a S*** anymore . . . That’s what Eddy reminded me of when he was so far overweight.

But I also think there is nothing so inspiring as a former pro athlete who makes it clear that he still DOES care and makes it obvious from the way he looks and takes care of himself.

The old “Fat Eddy” always made me feel secretly ashamed--this was not the “greatest cyclist of all time.” But the new “Fit Eddy” makes me feel proud. He once again LOOKS like “The Greatest Cyclist Of All Time.”--he once again deserves the title.

You GO, Eddy!

BBDave

Bill Bove
09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Picture 1, so what ahs he got to smile about? 5 tour wins, how many worlds, Giro's and classic's? A son with a pretty decent palmares, a successful bike company? Nah! He's got an armload of babes! Still my hero!

Picture 2, after thirty years of riding my bike in all kinds of horendous weather. After watching every vidio clip of him riding a bike and trying to copy it. Spending my meager earnings from paper routes to present to buy the equipment he rode so that I could ride like him it has finally happened!!! :banana: :banana: I LOOK LIKE EDDY MERKX AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS "EAT LOT'S OF ICE CREAM". :)

Kevin
09-08-2004, 07:11 AM
I'll take the one on the right.

Kevin

Ozz
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
I'll take the one on the right.

Kevin

just get Eddy's palmares and she's yours! :banana:

Kevin
09-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Ozz,